MUIRKIRKJFC

Muirkirk J.F.C

It is with regret the club have accepted the resignation of Manager George Grierson and his back room staff. The club would like to thank George for his outstanding work in his time at Burnside Park. He has built a good young squad who if they stick together will be a force to be reckoned with. 

On a personal note I would like to say what a pleasure George has been to work with. 

Billy Tait Secretary MJFC 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always thought it would be a hard gig for George considering the location & getting the players down to play . But he did & going by the reports had the team improving all the time .
Rumour is though after Newton Stewart & Muirkirk he is looking for somewhere more central for his next gig & Outer Mongolia has been mentioned [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, Muirkirk J.F.C said:

I don't know if you've ever visited Burnside Park but I doubt it!! We have one of the best set ups in the district league and probably better than most in the leagues above. I reckon you should change your user name to something more appropriate. 

Tbf though,it looks like geography might not be fotj's strong suit as a quick look at his profile tells us he's under the impression that he's based in Hamilton.:huh:

Still,it's good to know that cartographer Ernie was able to punt at least one copy of his Rambling in Ayrshire ( first edition).  :)

Usually you get vilified for asking questions on this thread, but was a reason given for the resignation? There was a lot of positivity coming from the club. Agree with the above, location is a lot of nonsense, players usually train in a more central location for everyone.

I don't know if you've ever visited Burnside Park but I doubt it!! We have one of the best set ups in the district league and probably better than most in the leagues above. I reckon you should change your user name to something more appropriate. 

Who took the jam oot your doughnut?

Been at Burnside Park quite s few times

Where can you show me did I say that I had a dig at the facilities ?

Having had a previous name on here but being asked to remove it I chose this 1

Not that my username is anyone's business but my own . I'm a fan of a junior club that's all

Tbf though,it looks like geography might not be fotj's strong suit as a quick look at his profile tells us he's under the impression that he's based in Hamilton.:huh:

Still,it's good to know that cartographer Ernie was able to punt at least one copy of his Rambling in Ayrshire ( first edition).  [emoji4]

Since when was Hamilton gods country ? [emoji23][emoji23]

4 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Since when was Hamilton gods country ? emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Since the summer of 568 AD when,at a location not far from where the Mausoleum is presently sited,St.Kentigern,aka St.Mungo,converted the king of the Britons to Christianity and declared to all the punters in attendance that Cadihou or Cadzow..later Hamilton..'is indeed God's domain'.

You're welcome.  :)

Since the summer of 568 AD when,at a location not far from where the Mausoleum is presently sited,St.Kentigern,aka St.Mungo,converted the king of the Britons to Christianity and declared to all the punters in attendance that Cadihou or Cadzow..later Hamilton..'is indeed God's domain'.

You're welcome.  [emoji4]

Wikipedias wonderful ain't it?

You could have the best set up known to man but it's a results business.

It was a sad day when I was told of George and the boys departure. I believe something special could have been built there as most of youse know the majority of the team were my u19's. However, things change in football all the time and George will have his reasons and they should be respected. Football is a results game yes but you've got to feel apathy with your surroundings as well. Being a manager for the normal person is difficult enough but George was beyond normal in regards to his preparation and dedication.

All managers have a way of playing and a system that is tried and tested in their time as a manager. In my opinion the club need to ensure the incoming manager buys into the youth and perhaps let them express themselves for the rest of the season. These boys are winners its all they've ever known growing up so it was a culture shock for them stepping up to the Junior ranks. Make no mistake George and his team made that transition a little bit smoother by treating the boys like men.

Open up, let the boys play the way they are used to which is on the deck and from he back, adapt to a 4-2-3-1 and see how that goes. What have the club got to lose? there bottom just now so why not. I understand that John McCaig and Fraser Stewart are the interim management team well if your reading this think about what i said from a guy that managed 80% of your current squad.

I wish George and the lads all the best no matter where they end up if indeed they stay in the game.

Boab

15 minutes ago, lineo said:

Get your name in the hat boab for the job. You know these boys better than anyone by the sounds of it and I'm sure you could get the best out of them as you did previously.

Hahaha nah your alright lol! I'm in the middle of an amateur project at the moment and Junior requires a certain type of manager.

Archived