Rovers v Airdrie

Does anyone know why the 'goal' wasn't given, looked a crazy decision 

Offside apparently, the shot from the edge of the box came of the bar though and fell to the boy half way inside the box? Strange decision but I'll take it. Thought the whole team played well today but I can help but feel we play most weeks with 10 man as Adam Brown is non existent.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Diamond8 said:

Offside apparently, the shot from the edge of the box came of the bar though and fell to the boy half way inside the box? Strange decision but I'll take it. Thought the whole team played well today but I can help but feel we play most weeks with 10 man as Adam Brown is non existent.

With McIntosh looking fairly comfortable, what chances Stewart coming in for Broon?

13 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Was poor but is capable of being a good player. The cross in 2nd half for Andy Ryan header was brilliant but then at other times went missing. He could learn a thing or to of Russell who seemed to be all over the pitch today. 

Just now, Cooper81 said:

Was poor but is capable of being a good player. The cross in 2nd half for Andy Ryan header was brilliant but then at other times went missing. He could learn a thing or to of Russell who seemed to be all over the pitch today. 

Just seems like a few weeks since you were saying Russell was hopeless. 

11 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Just seems like a few weeks since you were saying Russell was hopeless. 

Let's get this right. I never questioned that Russell wasn't a good footballer. What I was suggesting was that he stopped mouthing of at refs and getting involved in petty arguments and the biggest thing was diving. Since his 2nd red card the penny has dropped and that was more than a few weeks ago.

24 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Let's get this right. I never questioned that Russell wasn't a good footballer. What I was suggesting was that he stopped mouthing of at refs and getting involved in petty arguments and the biggest thing was diving. Since his 2nd red card the penny has dropped and that was more than a few weeks ago.

I thought your oppinon was he didn't contribute anything and Schmidt should be in the team? I won't be re-reading what you wrote to find out though!

Anyway, another good win and an opportunity to make some ground up on the teams above when we play them over the next couple of weeks. It'll give us a chance to see how we measure up against better opposition too. 

2 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I thought your oppinon was he didn't contribute anything and Schmidt should be in the team? I won't be re-reading what you wrote to find out though!

Anyway, another good win and an opportunity to make some ground up on the teams above when we play them over the next couple of weeks. It'll give us a chance to see how we measure up against better opposition too. 

I would have played Schmidt before Russell when he was diving and had let the team and himself down. Now the antics are cut out I would play Russell before Schmidt as he is now doing his talking with the ball at his feet. 

2 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

Happy days. Ferguson was class today McIntosh did well considering he was being played out of position. Boetang and Gorman did well. Conroy was good, leitch ran himself into the ground. Fitzpatrick played well breaking up the play.Brown was poor McDonald played decent. Russell showed his quality and Andy Ryan was class. Dunlops Challange near the end was a disgrace.

Largely agree Cooper81 but I don't quite agree on Leitch who vanished as they piled on the pressure when Ryan started to tire after his knocks. It's all a matter of opinion because I thought he was good as we controlled the first half. If Brown had played at all well on the left then Mcdonald would have been excellent but he keeps getting let down by the laziness of Brown but just as I was castigating him he did have a great shot and a cross that Russell should have finished. It was quite a sweat at the end but "winning ugly" is the name of the game at this stage of a season, especially as the others in top four all won. I thought it was the number 10 who sparked off the melee? 

Another good 3 points and a good performance apart from the last 10 - 15 minutes where I thought we sat back and invited them to hit long balls forward that we struggled to deal with. On another day we could have been looking at points dropped as the Rovers had some good chances late on caused mainly by our poor defending. I thought our midfield were well on top for most of the game but for whatever reason fell out the game in the latter stages. Our back 4 had looked untroubled too but really struggled at the end with the high balls. Ryan was man of the match for me with another great goal and tireless display. McIntosh was fine at right back and I would be happy with him to continue there to allow Stewart to move into midfield when he's fit enough to come back in probably replacing Brown who for me has been poor for weeks now after a promising start to the season. Ferguson was solid and actually commanded his box today. Good and bad for Wilson to see today but a good start. 

39 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Largely agree Cooper81 but I don't quite agree on Leitch who vanished as they piled on the pressure when Ryan started to tire after his knocks. It's all a matter of opinion because I thought he was good as we controlled the first half. If Brown had played at all well on the left then Mcdonald would have been excellent but he keeps getting let down by the laziness of Brown but just as I was castigating him he did have a great shot and a cross that Russell should have finished. It was quite a sweat at the end but "winning ugly" is the name of the game at this stage of a season, especially as the others in top four all won. I thought it was the number 10 who sparked off the melee? 

A lot of people at the game said the same as yourself about Leitch. I felt he had a good first half and in the 2nd half I just felt the last 20 mins the team just didn't get on the ball and it becomes harder to measure leitchs performance. I would expect brown to do more damage on the counter attack than he did, I understand wingers are inconsistent hopefully Adam finds form next week. 

14 minutes ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

Anyone who says they'd rather watch a game of football at Cliftonhill instead of out ground needs their head checked. What an absolute dump.

A far more enjoyable experience than I've had for years at our place.Terracing, bit of banter, some singing, what's not to like? People who didn't know each other were actively chatting about the game rather than sitting in shitty plastic seats, facing forward in a soulless modern stadium.

Another good 3 points and a good performance apart from the last 10 - 15 minutes where I thought we sat back and invited them to hit long balls forward that we struggled to deal with. On another day we could have been looking at points dropped as the Rovers had some good chances late on caused mainly by our poor defending. I thought our midfield were well on top for most of the game but for whatever reason fell out the game in the latter stages. Our back 4 had looked untroubled too but really struggled at the end with the high balls. Ryan was man of the match for me with another great goal and tireless display. McIntosh was fine at right back and I would be happy with him to continue there to allow Stewart to move into midfield when he's fit enough to come back in probably replacing Brown who for me has been poor for weeks now after a promising start to the season. Ferguson was solid and actually commanded his box today. Good and bad for Wilson to see today but a good start. 

I cannot wait to see Ryan's goal on the highlights, was a peach.

Nervy towards the end but a good win nevertheless. Thought we were great in the first half. Ryan's goal was excellent. He's absolute class. Nice goal from Russell too. 

Second half we were pegged back in our own half for most of it. Rode our luck too. Didn't see anything wrong with their disallowed goal while they were wasteful with most of their chances. But part of being a good team is being lucky so I'll certainly take it. Of course, we lost a shite goal from a corner though. 

Looked more organised overall (at least until the last 20 minutes) and the tempo was better too. Still, things to work on but the main thing is getting the 3 points. I thought Ferguson was a lot more commanding and more assured under a high ball. Coincidentally the same week we get rid of Goram? 

Brown is still the weak link in midfield, though. Thought MacIntosh had a good game at right - back so I'd happily keep him there and drop Brown for Stewart when he's back. 

Also yes I'd much rather watch a game at Cliftonhill every week than our stadium. at least it has a bit of atmosphere and character about it. Our stadium is soulless. I don't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a game of football there. 

I don't watch football for state of the art facilities. I watch it to enjoy myself and have a bit of a laugh and a sing - song. Something which Cliftonhill is conducive to but New Broomfield isn't.

Also yes I'd much rather watch a game at Cliftonhill every week than our stadium. at least it has a bit of atmosphere and character about it. Our stadium is soulless. I don't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a game of football there. 

I don't watch football for state of the art facilities. I watch it to enjoy myself and have a bit of a laugh and a sing - song. Something which Cliftonhill is conducive to but New Broomfield isn't.

I used to go and watch Glencairn quite alot, buttons to get in and a 10 min walk. Standing and listening to the, for want of a better word, the banter took me back to the old Broomfield. Nothing that can be done now but personally I would rather stand in a terrace than sit in a lego stadium.

Archived