RandomAttempt at managing Saints - FM17

RandomGuy.

A quick overview of key players. This is who is rated as my best player....

fml5wm.jpg

Hes currently injured for the first month or so though.

While this is who I anticipate to be my best player...

10eouw3.jpg

The Fat Hazard :wub:

This is my League Cup Draw too, expecting four defeats tbh...

sl77eg.jpg

Betfred Cup Group Stage

wwnt5e.jpg

For some reason the results are out of order, so I started with the QOS game, then played Albion Rovers. I had gone 2-0 before they clawed back to 2-2, before Paul fucking Paton smashed one in from 30 yards off the crossbar, glorious. We the pumped Arbroath before finishing up against Elgin.

25ptfrm.jpg

We qualify as one of the best second placed teams, bit of a minter not winning the group, but it came down to a penalty shoot out in the end.

We drew Celtic in the next ground, which means our cup run will be ending fairy quickly.

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Happy to see this back. Will check back for updates.

edit- How are you finding the game?

Enjoying it, tbh, although it just feels like last years game, but more polished and with greater staff interaction. Feels tougher too.

Summer Transfer Window

2lk8b9l.jpg

Pretty simple, three youths out on loan, and my fifth choice centre half sold for multiples his value. Fairly chuffed with the outgoings. 

Now for the incomers...

Jordan Spence

wioc45.jpg

The decision to sell my fifth choice centre half, plus an injury to one of my right backs, meant I was going to be short in the backline. My assistant had advised me to add depth, strength and pace to my backline too, so this lad fits that bill perfectly. High determination is also something I like in players. Only downside is that he only agreed to speak to me after I'd agreed that he'd be using the club as a "stepping stone", so any decent offer from a larger club will need to be accepted.

Kenny Miller

2zp1i6r.jpg

A more controversial one, as signing 36 year olds is "anti-FM" in my eyes, but I was desperate for depth in attack and in the wide areas, and finding someone good enough for the league, but also willing to be a backup player, was tough. I'm hoping his strong mentals can improve some of the younger players. His contract automatically extends after ten games, so I'm limited to nine times he can be used.

Squad Depth

Playing a 4-2-3-1.

ezmuxs.jpg

Hopefully, you can see why I've signed Miller. Some Saints fans might notice Gormley isnt there, but he demanded his loan end, and he was earning more than Miller would, so I let him go. Plenty of depth all round, but Davidson, Wotherspoon, MacLean and Cummins have all just recovered from knocks which left them missing the first few weeks of the season. So far my strongest team has Millar and Paton sitting, although Davidson is slowly replacing Paton. With Coulson, Swanson, Alston and Kane as the front four. 

243kh7c.jpg

You can now see why I brought Spence in, as the lack of depth is obvious. Watson is out until around October/November aswell. Clark is currently first choice, along with Easton, Shaughnessy and Anderson. I originally had Foster on the right, but lack of form gave Spence a chance. So currently my central defence is Spence and Anderson, with Shaughnessy and Easton either side.

August

2nsyzyb.jpg

"You're never going to believe us, you're never going to believe us..."

Tremendous month. Two proper shitfest-y victories to kick start our league season, before we shoved it up Celtic dry, and didn't even wash it before firing it up Caley too. The League Cup defeat stings, as we rested a few players to allow the likes of Davidson and Wotherspoon game time. Pleasing to see a few different players popping up with goals.

2nsw7r.jpg

Positive start, had this before and then utterly shat the bed. Nice to be 11 clear of 12th place already though...

And the Player of the Month...

Blair Alston

15oe336.jpg

2 goals and 5 assists this month from a wide area. He also won the league Goal of the Month with a 25 yard volley against Caley. 

Good start RG. I will start a Saints save over the weekend and run it along side your own. When I done all the stats Swanson come out as the best player as he has consistently been excellent this season. Think in January I will need to increase zanders stats as he is now the number one.

11 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Yeah screenshots all fine RG

Yeah they're better now, tinypic went down last night and thats where all my images were, so they seemed to disappear at the same time. 

September

Ci7DLdb.png

Classic. Actually not too disheartened, Partick are a bogey team, and Hearts are always tough and we only lost due to a last minute strike. The collapse against Hamilton was embarrassing, they went 3-0 up in the first half despite it being an even game. Suppose games like that come along. Hopefully we can turn this around though, I've a habit of going on terrible runs.

40CsWib.png

Still in a good spot, but need to arrest the slump. 

No player of the month, they're all fucking shite.

JNdNTbc.png

:( Blair. Experimented with a "3" of Alston, Wotherspoon and Swanson against County, and it worked very well indeed. This scuppers that somewhat.

Less than a week later?

kVjhczI.png

My plan now is a midfield of...

Davidson - Millar

Wotherspoon - MacLean - Coulson

As the only other option is Craig playing somewhere there, or Kenny Miller, and neither are really natural there, and have disappointed in youth games in those roles.

iQobBlJ.png

Classic.

October

nRXs8F4.png

A much better month. Absolutely pumped County, before the injuries hit. It showed as we struggled to create anything against Killie and Dundee, it didn't help that Liam Craig (who's been mewling about lack of game time) missed a penalty v Killie. Rangers game was an aberration, conceded four goals in the first half hour, then the fifth before half time. Nice win over Thistle to end the month on a brighter note, and Shaughnessy (who got a rating of 5.1 against Rangers), was voted MoM, showing the mental strength in the club.

ZGJQ33k.png

Still sit top, but it infuriates me that so few teams have played the same amount of games.

Player of the Month?

XTMqUTT.png

Obviously, its Chris Kane. Easily first choice striker, seems streaky as hell though.

November

tnGU4hV.png

Ooft! We really need to sort out our away form, we leak goals like f**k. Things haven't been helped by Alston and Swanson getting further injuries (Alston two months, Swanson five months), with Wotherspoon, MacLean, Craig and Cummins all being injured for at least two games aswell. 

rWKrobO.png

Our slip down the table continues, realistically you can put Celtic above us too.

2HNyxOU.png

Really? I drew 1-1 with Inverness, to leave table like this...

6RSRQp8.png

.. and my "overall performance has been far below expectations"?

A load of fucking shite, I sit four points off the top and I'm "far below" whats expected? Thats just utterly unrealistic, and sours this entire save, and I've now to get 11 points from my next five games or I'll be sacked.

t88zPfL.png

Archived