Killie v Accies aka I Hope There's Goals And People Have Fun

Well, after the good run (can you call it a run if it's only three games? I'll say yes given we've been so poor the last few years) with no defeats in three Saturday was a bit of a disappointment, what with us being a wee bit optimistic and all. Accies must fancy their chances here despite losing to Dundee on Saturday, so what will happen? Will Coulibaly score a typically spectacular goal? Will Martin Canning shout a bit at someone? Will the referee decide that he wants to give lots of penalties? And will I have a pie or not?

It'll be interesting to see how we respond to the pumping at Ibrox given how well we had played last Wednesday against Hearts. Our home form in the last few seasons has been so poor, so another good display would surely help matters. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will Martin Canning shout a bit at someone?

Doubt it. It will be the same old Canning standing with his arms folded.
God know what Accies team will turn up this week. We are really inconsistent. Our record is decent at Rugby Park though so that gives me a wee bit of hope. I'd take a draw just now. 1-1

Dunno what Canning can do to change the team (we've had our best XI out in the last 2). Maybe Sowah to LWB, and Donati - if fit - to CB/Sweeper.
I can't remember the last time there was a good game between these sides.

It isn't a must win for Killie, but without it, we could be bottom by the start of December. Two games in November and then seven in December is going to be tough going.

We need to do brilliantly in November to avoid being bottom come January; we have a run of: ICT (A), Celtic (A), Rangers (H), Celtic (H), Aberdeen (A).

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

We need to do brilliantly in November to avoid being bottom come January; we have a run of: ICT (A), Celtic (A), Rangers (H), Celtic (H), Aberdeen (A).

That's brutal.

We've had a difficult run recently: Celtic (A), Aberdeen (H), St Johnstone (A), ICT (A), Hearts (H), The Rangers (A). When the fixtures came out I looked at this as an entirely losable run. I would have bit your hand off for the 7 points from 18 we took.

After you guys we've then got Celtic again. If we lose to you and then them, 7 from 24 doesn't look quite so good :(.

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

We've only ever lost ONE league fixture at Inverness.

So another one is overdue.

9 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I read this about ten times saying "this guy is talking pish, we've just played all these teams"!!

Time for bed, before I make a full of myself by predicting a Killie win.

38 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

What else do they say, out of interest?

Fairly mundane stuff really;

"Have another biscuit, you deserve it",

"Buy your wife some flowers"

"Turn that light switch on and off 8 times or everyone you know and love will die horribly"

Hopefully we are able to perform more like we did against Hearts and forget about the result last weekend.

I'm going for a 2-1 Kilmarnock win, with two wonder goals from Coulibaly. 

I still feel very positive for this game, even though I have absolutely no basis for it. I was at Hamilton away last time and they dominated the first half completely. When we switched to a 4-4-2 we blitzed them for 20 minutes before eventually taking the lead. However, even after that Hamilton had some clear chances and missed a couple of sitters.

2-1 really flattered us that day. I should be worried but the voices are still saying 3-0.

Archived