Partick Thistle vs Aberdeen Friday 4 November

After a couple of great results we welcome Aberdeen to Firhill for some Friday night football. On telly so may have an impact on the attendance but should still be plenty of visitors to make for a decent atmosphere.

With no change in the players available we'll continue with 5/3 at the back. Not sure if Archie may tinker with the formation to allow more creativity?

Aberdeen look unlikely to be winning the league but won't want to take the foot off the gas as they'll be wanting to regain second place. 

So a tough game awaits the Jags. I'd be happy with a point but you just never know with this team!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously think we could actually win. This new formation has worked wonders for the players confidence. Big Barton is looking great at centre back and Azeez is really coming into his own. The team is looking great. Aberdeen on a bit of a bad run so praying that we can take advantage of that. Mon the jags.

I'm in Berlin at the Hertha game and missing this. Even more annoying when I booked flights back to arrive in time to be at the game on Saturday. There's now a bit of belief after our last-minute #scenes at Perth so hopefully we can build on that, and our win in Dundee as well.

Thistle 0-1 Aberdeen

59 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

After a couple of great results we welcome Aberdeen to Firhill for some Friday night football. On telly so may have an impact on the attendance but should still be plenty of visitors to make for a decent atmosphere.

With no change in the players available we'll continue with 5/3 at the back. Not sure if Archie may tinker with the formation to allow more creativity?

Aberdeen look unlikely to be winning the league but won't want to take the foot off the gas as they'll be wanting to regain second place. 

So a tough game awaits the Jags. I'd be happy with a point but you just never know with this team!

It's clear you've tinkered with the calendar. Friday is the 4th, not the 7th.

This is my most eagerly anticipated away day of the season. Canna wait. Win lose or draw I will be having a party. The Jags finding form with a big result away to the Fermers. A win on Friday and they are into the top six and within a couple of points of us. 

Aberdeen need a win to steady the ship after a couple of losses.

Narrow away win after a flukey goal from McLean, cancels out a Doolan wonderstrike and Rooney scores a dodgy penalty. Fine margins.

9 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

Narrow away win after a flukey goal from McLean, cancels out a Doolan wonderstrike and Rooney scores a dodgy penalty. Fine margins.

I hope not ;) I think it has the potential for an exciting Friday night fixture. Last time we played Aberdeen on a Friday it was 2-1 to you. Thistle had looked like they were on track for the win through a lawless wonder strike then boom 2 goals in 2 minutes and Aberdeen walk away with all 3 points. Should be a good match.

This is my most eagerly anticipated away day of the season. Canna wait. Win lose or draw I will be having a party. The Jags finding form with a big result away to the Fermers. A win on Friday and they are into the top six and within a couple of points of us. 

Aberdeen need a win to steady the ship after a couple of losses.

Doolan is a gem but he doesn't score many wonderstrikes

Think the last time we played well on TV was approximately never. Suppose the ICT "cornergate" game we did actually win but just haunted by what seems like an endless succession of Friday night home games vs St Mirren where we were god-awful or rolling over vs Celtic.

Must be due one though, eh?

11 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

The Bobbin on King St.  Its near Aberdeen Uni so will be packed with student talent as well.

He did say good boozer. But yeah if you want to wait 20 minutes to order a pint so 5 students can order order one drink at a time each and pay by card the bobbin is a good shout. 

40 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Think the last time we played well on TV was approximately never. Suppose the ICT "cornergate" game we did actually win but just haunted by what seems like an endless succession of Friday night home games vs St Mirren where we were god-awful or rolling over vs Celtic.

Must be due one though, eh?

I think the ICT cornergate game was a draw in the end 1-1 or 2-2? edit: a quick google reveals you are correct. Even when we do win televised games my brain, it seems, cannot process it and rewrites the result in my head!

Not convinced I'll be able to make it as I'm away to Florence for the week and due back at glasgow airport 7.20pm on Friday so very unlikely to catch the game.

Should catch the 2nd half barring delays on the telly at least since i never twigged itd be televised till i read the thread so all good.

2 hours ago, Mixed Donner Hoagie said:

Up in Aberdeen for work ironically. Any recommendations for a good boozer to watch it in

If you're city centre head to either Abercrombie or McGintys

Decent, busy boozers that should have it on

Archived