*****Official Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone match thread*****

I got a bit of a tough time from the greenock saints (his family) for suggesting that driving from Greenock to Perth every day doesn't help his hamstring problems. It's so frustrating because he's our most important player. We lose all shape and ability to keep possession when he's not playing.

Probably an element of truth in that. Peaso McDonald said that when he signed for Morton a lot of his injury problems disappeared and he put this down to not having to sit in a car back and forth between Glasgow and Perth everyday.

Disappointing to see some fans on social media being so angry towards Millar. It's not as though he choosing to break down in games. He has been trying various different options to get to the bottom of the issue with his hamstring.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably an element of truth in that. Peaso McDonald said that when he signed for Morton a lot of his injury problems disappeared and he put this down to not having to sit in a car back and forth between Glasgow and Perth everyday.

Disappointing to see some fans on social media being so angry towards Millar. It's not as though he choosing to break down in games. He has been trying various different options to get to the bottom of the issue with his hamstring.

Agreed I'd never be angry with him for being injured, but I can see why some are. It's just so fucking frustrating seeing one of our most important players unable to finish a game. That must be 8 or 9 months now since he's managed to play 90 mins. He's the player who makes us tick, the guy who provides cover for the defence and starts our attacks. We are so much less enjoyable to watch without him.

Utter shite from Hearts. We went more direct today and it worked for a bit, but once St Johnstone sussed it we never mixed it up at all.

We should've had a stonewall penalty at 0-0 but we had control and fucked it. The defending for  both goals was laughable. the first one if Hamilton has given a shout it's his fault, if he's not it's Souttar's.  2nd I'm not sure was off or not, I have a sneaky feeling Smith played him on. Kitchen has been unfortunate slipping,but he shouldn't be trying to shield it out there anyway. 

St Johnstone were pretty poor as well I thought, neither team created much outside the goals. Hamilton and Clark both made a good save each bit that's about it, it was all huff and puff.  

Alston's tackle on Smith was a shocker, if it wasn't relatively early on you'd not be surprised at seeing a red for that.

Oh and fair play to Craig, the laddie knows how to troll the Hearts fans. A particular favourite was when he wasn't within  about 2ft of Paterson and hit the deck rolling about which resulted in half he main stand frothing at the mouth.

Against St Johnstone It's never had a great atmosphere. Big games yes, run of the mill league games not so much.

True. We're competing for second place in the league. Atmosphere must be so much better for those title battles with Celtic........

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looks like is destined for a draw. Cant wait for the inevitable "big physical side", "Liam Craig reffed the game", "brutal side who got lucky", "if we'd scored when we'd missed we'd have won" type chat from Hearts fans.

I'll take the draw. hearts were poor as usual against st johnstone

Archived