*****Official Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone match thread*****

I'd almost be raging if we turn up and fight for every ball, although it would hardly be a shock. We seem to only care about games against the "bigger" teams these days.

No offence but you speak some amount of shite. Have you maybe thought that bottom 6 teams are now maybe giving it a little more effort against us these days due to how we have performed the last six or seven years? They realise they need to match us physically and for effort and thus making it harder for us to beat them especially at home.
I would not be shocked if we get a win on Saturday as hearts will need to come and open up against us and we can then play to our strength.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints enjoy playing at Tynecastle but this Hearts team are better than the United team we had a hoodoo over and you feel our good run has to come to an end. We were fortunate it didn't at McDiarmid last month. In saying that, we clearly perform better against the top teams and our record against the teams a few places above us in the last year or so is only 2 defeats in 13 games.

Would expect something more akin to the Rangers line-up and hopefully it'll yield something as even a point, added to the one from Ibrox, goes some way to repairing the damage of two home defeats from what looked a reasonably favourable run of fixtures.

39 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

No offence but you speak some amount of shite. Have you maybe thought that bottom 6 teams are now maybe giving it a little more effort against us these days due to how we have performed the last six or seven years? They realise they need to match us physically and for effort and thus making it harder for us to beat them especially at home.
I would not be shocked if we get a win on Saturday as hearts will need to come and open up against us and we can then play to our strength.

The "bottom six" sides are better yes, that doesn't excuse the performances we've put in against them lately. Compare our recent games against Killie, Dundee and Partick to the performances against Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts. It's like a different team.

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Yeah, good luck waiting on that to happen.

The "bottom six" sides are better yes, that doesn't excuse the performances we've put in against them lately. Compare our recent games against Killie, Dundee and Partick to the performances against Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts. It's like a different team.

Agree our performances have been poor but to accuse the team of not trying against bottom six teams anymore is utterly laughable.

Can see St Johnstone winning this by a few. Then the inevitable "sack Robbie and bring in Tommy" from Hearts fans on social media should follow. 

8 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I presume St Johnstone will stick with their usual tactics of hammering the ball forward, looking for their strikers to dive for a penalty and kicking us off the park. It's been pretty successful so can't see any reason to change it 

I think you will find that in the last match both of our dives were OUTSIDE the box.

I presume St Johnstone will stick with their usual tactics of hammering the ball forward, looking for their strikers to dive for a penalty and kicking us off the park. It's been pretty successful so can't see any reason to change it 

Think you are a little confused should replace St Johnstone with Hearts. (Predictive text is terrible sometimes!!!!!!!)

13 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

This. 

If we have a strong referee that doesn't stand for the predictable cheating then I think we can sneak it though.

4 minutes ago, GorgieRoad said:

This. 

If we have a strong referee that doesn't stand for the predictable cheating then I think we can sneak it though.

I agree, strong referee is needed to deal with Neilsons constant moaning and seethe at getting beat by a wee team. Again. 

I'm confident Hearts will put in a far stronger performance than they have away from home lately. However, St Johnstone are a stronger team than the likes of the shit we've failed miserably against recently, so... it's too tight to call.

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Danny Swanson to wreak havoc among our back line, with Liam Craig showing up in Gorgie just in time for panto season.

St Johnstone playing it greedy with two Widow Twankeys, tbh

Archived