*****Official Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone match thread*****

11 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Why the f**k did we save Hearts? Underachieving joke of a club with a fanbase of which around 70% are complete and utter zoomers. Must be something in the water in Gorgie . 

I wasn't aware that you did. It is Hearts fans that have saved Hearts. Fans like me that put money into the club through the Foundation. If you do not like Gorgie, stay away, you will not be missed.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

There was no lecturing.  I agree our home support isn't great, and the atmosphere at McDiarmid is a reflection of that.  But any time our stadium is three quarters full of home fans (sadly a rare occurrence), there is a good atmosphere.

The point I was making was simply that hearts percentage-wise probably have the fullest stadium in the league most weeks, it can be one of the best stadiums in Scotland for atmosphere for big games with the design and closeness to the pitch. It could be really intimidating and worth a few extra points a season, yet at present it just feels like any other away game.

I'm very surprised about how down about things the Hearts support are just now from reading on here.  

Your stadiums only going to be 3 quarters on really big games though, can't expect us to have good atmosphere every run of the mill game, full or not. 

But being honest our home support is made up of about 75% children and adults over 40 so I'm not really surprised the atmospheres shite in the home end even on big games. Not to mention that visiting tynecastle feels a bit like going round to your grannies house now and while I'll always love Budge for what she's done that's down to her.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

No one has yet said why Hearts don't tell the world how many people actually are present at their home matches.

Probably because delusional oddballs like yourself actually think Aberdeen do things any differently.

4 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

That's pretty much what we are after but we've been pumped out of Europe, Robbie hasnt the best derby record and we've taken 2 points from games against ICT,Killie and St Johnstone so 2nd/3rd won't happen on that form. He's also been pumped out every cup comp pretty quick!

It's the cup record that's the problem. Our league record is good under him.  Not great but certainly nowhere near sacking levels.

It's fair to say he's not had the best of luck with draws.  It's also fair to say we should have made a better stab at the games than we have.  He really needs a long run with a couple of big results in the Scottish this season.

5 hours ago, Headshrinker said:

Your stadiums only going to be 3 quarters on really big games though, can't expect us to have good atmosphere every run of the mill game, full or not. 

But being honest our home support is made up of about 75% children and adults over 40 so I'm not really surprised the atmospheres shite in the home end even on big games. Not to mention that visiting tynecastle feels a bit like going round to your grannies house now and while I'll always love Budge for what she's done that's down to her.

I can assure you that there are plenty of adults over 40 who out-sing a fair number teenagers and twenty somethings.

I believe the problem lies with the folk who congregate at the traditional singing areas, Section G and Section N. If you're a ticket holder in one of those areas you should really make some kind of an effort to at least join in when the singing starts. Too many folk in those areas just can't be arsed singing any more.

If the team could add a wee bit of excitement to the style of play I'm sure that could only help with the atmosphere in the stands.

6 hours ago, Elixir said:

Probably because delusional oddballs like yourself actually think Aberdeen do things any differently.

Given that Aberdeen have 10,500 season ticket holders, and the attendance at the Ross County match last month was given as 10,094, you can assume the we really do things differently.

38 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Given that Aberdeen have 10,500 season ticket holders, and the attendance at the Ross County match last month was given as 10,094, you can assume the we really do things differently.

Is that the number the Press and Journal told you were sold while desperately trying to keep up with us?

Given Tynecastle holds ~17,000 and the crowd was given as ~16,400 on Saturday, that's about 300 empty seats for segregation and 300 empty seats for folk not showing up.

27 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Is that the number the Press and Journal told you were sold while desperately trying to keep up with us?

Given Tynecastle holds ~17,000 and the crowd was given as ~16,400 on Saturday, that's about 300 empty seats for segregation and 300 empty seats for folk not showing up.

That was, strangely enough, the number of people that were in attendance at the match.

There were massive amounts of empty seats on Saturday in Gorgie as viewed on TV.

No one is saying that, frustratingly, Hearts don't have more fans buying tickets for their home matches than Aberdeen. However, the people that do turn up at Tynecastle will continue to watch second class fare.

Second class fare that still has us a mere two points behind Aberdeen after only picking up two points from our last nine available. Don't kid on that Aberdeen are any different to the eleven dreadful sides that make up this league outside of Celtic.

I meant was there ever official evidence of your season ticket sales, not what your last attendance was.

"Massive amounts" = a few hundred dotted around the entire ground. :lol:

45 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Second class fare that still has us a mere two points behind Aberdeen after only picking up two points from our last nine available. Don't kid on that Aberdeen are any different to the eleven dreadful sides that make up this league outside of Celtic.

I meant was there ever official evidence of your season ticket sales, not what your last attendance was.

"Massive amounts" = a few hundred dotted around the entire ground. :lol:

We have not found any sort of form yet, and are still clear in second, pretty decent.

"Official evidence"? What would you like as "official evidence"? Hack into Aberdeen's computer system and email you the names and addresses?

The stand nearest Gorgie Road was at least a quarter empty.

2 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Kingjoey lets cut to the chase, are you annoyed that Hearts publish an attendance figure that is normally higher than Aberdeen's? :(

You really haven't been following this have you? The only thing that annoys me about Hearts having larger home crowds than Aberdeen, is the Aberdeen public. Quite clearly Hearts will normally have larger home attendances than Aberdeen. No problem. The thing that annoys me are clubs that give their home attendances as the number of tickets sold for a match, and not the number of people that bother to go to the matches! An attendance is the number of people at the match, and number of tickets sold are the number of tickets sold for a match. Two separate things.

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The thing that annoys me are clubs that give their home attendances as the number of tickets sold for a match, and not the number of people that bother to go to the matches! An attendance is the number of people at the match, and number of tickets sold are the number of tickets sold for a match. Two separate things.

You clearly have f**k all going on in your life if this is actually important enough to annoy you.

I mean really???  default_eusa_think.gif

Fuckin really???  default_eusa_think.gif

:lol: 

Ok you carry on :) 

1 minute ago, Trackdaybob said:

You clearly have f**k all going on in your life if this is actually important enough to annoy you.

I mean really???  default_eusa_think.gif

Fuckin really???  default_eusa_think.gif

:lol: 

Ok you carry on :) 

I'm glad you have a fulfilling life. I will crawl under my stone and continue being annoyed by almost everything.

Archived