*****Official Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone match thread*****

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mr Romanov said:

I think that's pretty much how every team does it. 

There were more people there than Aberdeen will get at 90% of their home games this season, put it that way.

Quality crowdwank son.

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Why the f**k did we save Hearts? Underachieving joke of a club with a fanbase of which around 70% are complete and utter zoomers. Must be something in the water in Gorgie . 

It's obvious St Johnstone, like many other clubs, realised the SPFL needs a strong Heart of Midlothian.

35 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Why the f**k did we save Hearts? Underachieving joke of a club with a fanbase of which around 70% are complete and utter zoomers. Must be something in the water in Gorgie . 

It was compensation for the amount of Hearts fans who'll die young due to Liam Craig related heart problems.

2 hours ago, Hey! Ho! Jambo! said:

People are quite aware we won't win 4 or 5 nil every week. What sort of drivel is that? :lol: Showing a bit more adventure and changing our style of play to something worth watching would do me.

The expectation this weekend was to beat St Johnstone, a side we spend more than on playing budget. We didn't, again.

Robbie is shite, he's the master of doing just enough to keep himself out of trouble. His side is horrendously one-paced and dull, much like he is. The player's look bored and most of the crowd are so asleep they can barely rise above how ordinary we are.

Here's hoping he walks soon, the longer he's here the more resentment will be built up. 

I wasn't suggesting people were. My point was more that we've got a squad of players who are a bit better than most of the league but not significantly for most games to be anything other than hard work.

St Johnstone are a solid SPL side who we will finish above but are mute than capable of making a game of it every time we play.

We're the second top scorers in the league, and are 2 points off second.

It's not been brilliant, but why would it be with another manager on the wages we'll be paying?

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It may be the case that Hearts report tickets sold rather than bums on seats purely to annoy roasters on Internet forums

Probably not, but wouldn't it be good if it was?

Typical smart ass reply.

8 hours ago, Mr Romanov said:

A St Johnstone fan lecturing us on atmosphere. Barely scrape together 2000 fans and were going to build a road through their stadium.

Seen it all now.

There was no lecturing.  I agree our home support isn't great, and the atmosphere at McDiarmid is a reflection of that.  But any time our stadium is three quarters full of home fans (sadly a rare occurrence), there is a good atmosphere.

The point I was making was simply that hearts percentage-wise probably have the fullest stadium in the league most weeks, it can be one of the best stadiums in Scotland for atmosphere for big games with the design and closeness to the pitch. It could be really intimidating and worth a few extra points a season, yet at present it just feels like any other away game.

I'm very surprised about how down about things the Hearts support are just now from reading on here.  

On 5 November 2016 at 18:26, Nelly78 said:

True. We're competing for second place in the league. Atmosphere must be so much better for those title battles with Celtic........

What's title battles got to do with it? If your expecting Tynecastle to be like an Istanbul derby against St Johnstone you're always going to be disappointed. Hibs,celtic,Rangers and Aberdeen maybe but out with that no chance.

I'm not sure what some hearts fans expect. What do you see as the ultimate goal for your club?

As an outsider its to finish 2nd/3rd depending on how shit Sevco are, win a cup maybe, and a few rounds in Europe along with getting the better of Hibs.

Doing away not too badly, would you rather sacrifice some results for a more exciting approach to games or?

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm not sure what some hearts fans expect. What do you see as the ultimate goal for your club?

As an outsider its to finish 2nd/3rd depending on how shit Sevco are, win a cup maybe, and a few rounds in Europe along with getting the better of Hibs.

Doing away not too badly, would you rather sacrifice some results for a more exciting approach to games or?

That's pretty much what we are after but we've been pumped out of Europe, Robbie hasnt the best derby record and we've taken 2 points from games against ICT,Killie and St Johnstone so 2nd/3rd won't happen on that form. He's also been pumped out every cup comp pretty quick!

Archived