*****Official Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone match thread*****

2 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

From the sounds of it, Elixer doesn't really enjoy the football. Some handy tips, go along with some friends, have a drink pre match and generally lighten up and enjoy yourself.
Otherwise you're probably better off watching Barcelona on tv. I hear they can pass the ball terrifically well *yaaaawn*

That's fantastic advice, mate. Thanks for that.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Any Hearts manager at the minute will have to cope with an expectation level that's out of line with the resources we are putting into the playing squad.  

We'd all like to see us pump everyone 4 or 5 nil but we simply don't have the players who will do that every game.

Robbie might be shite but there's an equally good chance Robbie he's better than he's getting credit for.

Think we just expect more than no wins in three against fucking St. Johnstone and two points from nine against them, Inverness and Kilmarnock.

Us finishing 2nd in the current climate and going on a run or two in the cups and winning one shouldn't be unrealistic in the slightest.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Photo also highlights my suspicion that MacLean was onside.

I suggest you watch it again,when the initial shot comes in he's off. I have seen a still image of it and he's definitely off. He also clearly interferes.

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Any Hearts manager at the minute will have to cope with an expectation level that's out of line with the resources we are putting into the playing squad.  

We'd all like to see us pump everyone 4 or 5 nil but we simply don't have the players who will do that every game.

Robbie might be shite but there's an equally good chance Robbie he's better than he's getting credit for.

People are quite aware we won't win 4 or 5 nil every week. What sort of drivel is that? :lol: Showing a bit more adventure and changing our style of play to something worth watching would do me.

The expectation this weekend was to beat St Johnstone, a side we spend more than on playing budget. We didn't, again.

Robbie is shite, he's the master of doing just enough to keep himself out of trouble. His side is horrendously one-paced and dull, much like he is. The player's look bored and most of the crowd are so asleep they can barely rise above how ordinary we are.

Here's hoping he walks soon, the longer he's here the more resentment will be built up. 

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I suggest you watch it again,when the initial shot comes in he's off. I have seen a still image of it and he's definitely off. He also clearly interferes.

Just seen it again. His right foot is clearly offside.

jjpleasing.gif

32 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

You'll also find that Joe Shaughnessy was onside for his 'goal'.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You'll also find that Joe Shaughnessy was onside for his 'goal'.

He was clearly leaning offside, only the fucking morons of Sportscene think the offside line is your foot.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I'm sure that there were, but why won't teams like Hearts and Celtic tell everyone what the actual attendance is for each home match?

Because it would end the ever fascinating crowd wanking on Pie and Bovril, is my guess.

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I'm sure that there were, but why won't teams like Hearts and Celtic tell everyone what the actual attendance is for each home match?

I think that's pretty much how every team does it. 

There were more people there than Aberdeen will get at 90% of their home games this season, put it that way.

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You can think what you like, but it was shown that he was in line with the last defender and therefore onside.

As pointed out he was offside. Any part of your body that can play the ball, and his chest/head was beyond the last man.

44 minutes ago, Mr Romanov said:

I think that's pretty much how every team does it. 

There were more people there than Aberdeen will get at 90% of their home games this season, put it that way.

It is a never ending frustration to me that a team of such quality as Aberdeen, cannot attract more people than a second rate team of cloggers from Gorgie way, but so be it.

However, most teams in Scotland, when asked for a figure for the number of people that have attended a specific match, will actually give out the number of people who have attended that match, obvious you would think. But no, when Celtic and Hearts are asked how many people attended a match, they will tell the world how many tickets were sold. Why? I just don't understand.

Archived