*****Official Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone match thread*****

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Tommy Wright seemed to be raging at Chris Millar when he went off for exactly that reason.

Can believe it. You see Ando in the clip before the Hearts goal screaming at bench and pointing at Millar, who's stood in the centre spot right next to Paton. Rightly or wrongly the support and team seem to be running out of patience with him.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good point for us and a decent second half performance, especially after last week and with a bit of a makeshift midfield.

Blair Alston was excellent again, he's really finding his feet now, and Swanson was class.

Was far from a classic in terms of quality football, but it was always engrossing and fairly full of incident.  I can't complain at the level of entertainment I got yesterday, so I'm a wee bit surprised by the reaction of a few hearts fans on here.  

Also surprised by comments about Tony Watt, he looks your most dangerous player and was a handful for our defence, especially the first half. He was also a wee shite the way he was trying to wind up the saints fans when hearts scored their first..

I'm not having a dig here, but Hearts are losing out on a massive advantage with their home support just now.  Steep stands right on top of the pitch and hearts fans on all 4 sides, it should be an intimidating place to play, but it really isn't, it felt just like any other ground.  When we've been beaten by Aberdeen and hibs there in recent semi's it's been a nightmare with 3/4 of the ground against your team.  I realise it's only St Johnstone to hearts fans, but if you can't get up for a team that's a rival for a top 4 place in the league then when?  Basically only when you play Celtic, Rangers or Aberdeen?

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can believe it. You see Ando in the clip before the Hearts goal screaming at bench and pointing at Millar, who's stood in the centre spot right next to Paton. Rightly or wrongly the support and team seem to be running out of patience with him.

He makes such a huge difference in there as well.  It's a huge loss.

From the sounds of it, Elixer doesn't really enjoy the football. Some handy tips, go along with some friends, have a drink pre match and generally lighten up and enjoy yourself.
Otherwise you're probably better off watching Barcelona on tv. I hear they can pass the ball terrifically well *yaaaawn*

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm not having a dig here, but Hearts are losing out on a massive advantage with their home support just now.  Steep stands right on top of the pitch and hearts fans on all 4 sides, it should be an intimidating place to play, but it really isn't, it felt just like any other ground.  When we've been beaten by Aberdeen and hibs there in recent semi's it's been a nightmare with 3/4 of the ground against your team.  I realise it's only St Johnstone to hearts fans, but if you can't get up for a team that's a rival for a top 4 place in the league then when?  Basically only when you play Celtic, Rangers or Aberdeen?

The fans are watching horseshit football in a horseshit league, and getting bodied off horseshit teams every other week.

One can only imagine Neilson is some sort of occult conduit for Budge to suck the joy and lifeforce out of the Hearts support to prolong her own life. She's probably about 803.

A good point for us and a decent second half performance, especially after last week and with a bit of a makeshift midfield.

Blair Alston was excellent again, he's really finding his feet now, and Swanson was class.

Was far from a classic in terms of quality football, but it was always engrossing and fairly full of incident.  I can't complain at the level of entertainment I got yesterday, so I'm a wee bit surprised by the reaction of a few hearts fans on here.  

Also surprised by comments about Tony Watt, he looks your most dangerous player and was a handful for our defence, especially the first half. He was also a wee shite the way he was trying to wind up the saints fans when hearts scored their first..

There's a general air of anticlimax about the place at the moment.

This was almost inevitable after the high drama of recent rollercoaster seasons.

We could use a cup run

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We should be murdering teams with 1500 fans. 

Well then we did well to bring half our total support through yesterday! We look forward to welcoming 8000 Hearts fans to McD next time u come calling!!

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Do St Johnstone fans get up for a game against Inverness when you are going for a top 6 place? 

If I saw St Johnstone as genuine contenders for 2nd place then I might have been able to be a bit more excited about the game, 4th place is an irrelevance as it gets you f**k all - and I'd hope we are aiming higher than that.

Totally agree about the atmosphere but that's just part and parcel with the general disconent amongst the Hearts support at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Mr Romanov said:

:lol: so a compulsory buying order by the Council is St Johnstone putting a road through their own stadium? What an imbecile.

The road is still going ahead, through St Johnstones land but not through our stadium mate. St Johnstone even made money from this. Some club #minted.

Any Hearts manager at the minute will have to cope with an expectation level that's out of line with the resources we are putting into the playing squad.  

We'd all like to see us pump everyone 4 or 5 nil but we simply don't have the players who will do that every game.

Robbie might be shite but there's an equally good chance Robbie he's better than he's getting credit for.

16 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

How is Clark 'obviously' far better than Hamilton?  Just curious like. They both had one good save each today,no real chance with the goals and I think Hamilton was caught under one cross but probably overall took two more cleanly than Clark.

I don't watch Clark every week,but Hamilton has yet to let us down,very good shot stopper and will undoubtedly improve. 

Id put Bain at Dundee well ahead of Hamilton, who I've yet to see do anything to merit being in the Scotland squad.

The image below would suggest he let you down yesterday, play to the whistle is that not what they say?

IMG_6365.JPG

Archived