*****Official Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone match thread*****

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Does that mean it's OK to like Robbie Neilson again?

I like Robbie anyway.  He has flaws, but he doesn't tell the players to actively make stupid mistakes in important areas.  He needs to change it up a bit though, we are in a wee bit of a rut and need to snap out of it as we are in danger of letting teams close to us open up a gap.

Handball against Easton at the first goal was the shout? I know you Edinburgh mob are inbred and have body parts in weird places, but this is stretching it.

2d966967b7981fa0472e2127c8080069.jpg

Regardless of whether the ball crossed the line or not, how the f**k has Buaben, with a wide open goal from a yard out, managed to almost not score that?

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Regardless of whether the ball crossed the line or not, how the f**k has Buaben, with a wide open goal from a yard out, managed to almost not score that?

Because he's absolutely dug meat, m8.

20 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Am I missing something with John Souttar? Is he just always shite against saints?

P 12 W0 D4 L8 F23 A10
Clean sheets 0
1 defeat v 10 men

He's the future of the national team mate. Him and his brother Arry. It'll be like the Caldwell brothers only shiter.

Don't understand the clamour to brand Souttar one thing or the other. he's a good player who's improving but still has a lot to learn,it's that simple. 

He wasn't even bad today.  Should've done better at the first but it was a lovely weighted ball through, wasn't as if it was a howler.

Let's be honest though, there's not one good player in the Hearts squad.

Paterson and Djoum on their day, maybe, but good players are consistent. They'll get savaged if they ever play at a higher level.

Walker is a cripple and Nicholson is a wee boy.

It's just a shite state of affairs really and unless next season is very good, it'll be my last for a long, long time. The only reason I'll get one is to sample the new stand, but even then I'll probably regret it after a few games.

Thought we were excellent in the 2nd half today. Especially compared to the 1st, where Hearts were by far the better side.

Seen a few different photos and the Alba highlights of the opening goal, still have no idea whether or not it was over the line. Can't deny that Hearts deserved it though. We scored through the only real quality we produced in the 1st. The run of games and freedom Swanson has been allowed this year has yielded an unbelievable return. The pass from Maclean and finish were so composed and a class above anything we produced up to that point. 

Into the second we looked a completely different side, whilst Hearts looked berift of ideas. Alston provided a buzz going forward and seems to be forming a pretty handy partnership with Foster going forward. Wotherspoon was unlucky with the free kick. There were strong calls of offside for our 2nd, however our play deserved a bit of fortune. 

Becoming a bit of a theme for us conceding from set pieces/ conceding late on. Really need to see games out. 

On a side note, interesting to compare Clark and Hamilton in the goals. Both at a similar stage in their careers however Clark again overlooked for an international call up. Thought Hamilton struggled at a few set pieces today, coming out but getting nowhere near it. Clark produced an excellent save at 1-0 which definitely kept us in it, getting down to his left and pushing it away from the Hearts player waiting to tap in. Obviously a slightly biased view from me, not sure what others views are. 

Good, competitive game between 2 sides who will be fighting it out for a 3rd/4th place finish. 

How is Clark 'obviously' far better than Hamilton?  Just curious like. They both had one good save each today,no real chance with the goals and I think Hamilton was caught under one cross but probably overall took two more cleanly than Clark.

I don't watch Clark every week,but Hamilton has yet to let us down,very good shot stopper and will undoubtedly improve. 

Archived