Buddies v Sons 5/11/16

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

BTW, to the guy who does the impression of an Islamic call to prayer, whilst shouting our team name, please, for the sake of my eardrums, chuck it pal.

Would that be him shouts Come on Dumbartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!! every couple of minutes? 

Whilst it'd be irritating standing (or sitting) beside him, you cannae fault the bloke's commitment.

3 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

Would that be him shouts Come on Dumbartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!! every couple of minutes? 

Whilst it'd be irritating standing (or sitting) beside him, you cannae fault the bloke's commitment.

Or his lung capacity.

Sutton and Morgan were decent. Mallan is outstanding on the ball, but when he's sat that deep and surrounded by dross he looks lost. I hope Jacko can turn it around (though obviously not at our expense) he really is an excellent coach. The thing is, he needs time to reshape what he has...and I'm not sure you can afford to give him that time.

We were wasteful in front of goal no doubt, Naismith should have scored his, Clarkson too missed a golden opportunity.

We have to give Jack time. No choice. He needs to rebuild a squad and take us forward. He has a tough job working with the dross Rae filled us with.

If we go down and that has to be in L1 so be it. I'm still hoping we can stay up even if it is via 9th place. We have to pick a manager and stick with him and Jack seems like a better choice than the idiots that have ruined this club.

2 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

BTW, to the guy who does the impression of an Islamic call to prayer, whilst shouting our team name, please, for the sake of my eardrums, chuck it pal.

The trick is to make sure you're sitting as far behind him as possible. That also goes for the fan who thinks it's endearing to squeal like a puppy that's been stamped on by a jackboot, every time the opposition 'keeper clears the ball.

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:

The trick is to make sure you're sitting as far behind him as possible. That also goes for the fan who thinks it's endearing to squeal like a puppy that's been stamped on by a jackboot, every time the opposition 'keeper clears the ball.

They're pals them two.

F*#king bonkers

I know points are the most important thing but today was no better than most of our displays this season. We created little other than Flemings header. We seem reluctant to pass going forward and our midfield are so deep we are virtually in our own penalty box. After we scored we seemed happy to let saints have almost constant possession and hope we could keep them out by desperate defending in the box. We got lucky a couple of times and got the breaks today. While the points are welcome in Aitkens head it probably vindicates his tactic. That's singular because he only has one. If we keep playing like that we will get the odd 1 0 victory but more often than not we will lose. Last week and this we were up against teams that we should have been pressurising and taking the game to them but Aitken simply won't play that way. We have to change for these sort of games because we won't scrape enough 1 0 wins to keep us up

How is Stevo doing for you? He divided the Ayr fans on whether he should stay or go. I was on the side of  "let him go" but wondered if that would come back to bite us. Doesn't seem to have? He seems to be benched? Injured or just not working out too well? 

My god what do sons fans want . I thought similar to what most have said about today's game but in a positive sense. Darren Barr had best game of season and those who say can't play with buccy should watch how they tamed John Sutton after 10 minute run around . 

We only had Gary Fleming header . What about Stanton run and shot so we can dismiss that post . 

I would prefer when goin forward we didn't stop and turn back(joe Thomson , andy Stirling . 

We don't win we criticise. We win we criticise . 

I thought overall today we deserved a win . One off bar was my only real concern in game . Oh and all my criticism of davie smith are fading at the moment , another good game 

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Cmon guys let the people sing , shout at ref, lino, opposition players. 

Its all part of what we do . 

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

You do have that acquired taste for a better standard of football. 

Hope Dumbarton do the unthinkable and win away from home.  

:thumsup2 yes lads. 

Football is a funny old game. In the last couple of weeks I've had discussions about how we seem to be coming away from too many games being 'unlucky' or 'just coming up short' vs too many sides. My point was that I don't care about playing well as long as we aren't gaining any points.

Today, we weren't great by any means but we showed some signs that haven't been there for a while. The ability to play out the match (just about), lifting our game and putting some pressure onto the opposition at the right times and one or two of our players actually played better than they have been - regardless of our below par team performance.

Bring on more scrappy/below par play if we keep picking up points whilst playing badly, in my opinion.

6 hours ago, donald said:

Garry Fleming has scored the winner in four of the last five games between Sons and St Mirren. That's outrageous.

Murray tried to sign him for St Mirren too. That must have flicked a switch inside the Bot which has caused him to destroy St Mirren at all costs. 

Archived