Buckie Thistle vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame yesterday's posts have had to be culled (see the announcements board for further details) but I'd reckoned about 4-500 might head up for this based on the Elgin game a few years back. Anyone agree or disagree?

Are there any shops or nice wee cafés to sit in that the missus can enjoy while I'm at the game or am I as well dropping her off at Aviemore or something?

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 21:15, DA Baracus said:

Train to Aberdeen.

Train from Aberdeen to Keith or Elgin. Bus from Keith or Elgin.

Right, Buckie fans; tell us about pubs in your town

It's two buses from Keith to Buckie (need to change in Fochabers, crossing the road to come back on yourself).

Buckie is on the Elgin-Fochabers-Buckie-Dyce-Aberdeen Stagecoach bus 35 route.

So if not coming at it from the Elgin end, get off the train at either Aberdeen or Dyce.

travelinescotland.com is a good site for multi-mode journey planning.

16 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It's a shame yesterday's posts have had to be culled (see the announcements board for further details) but I'd reckoned about 4-500 might head up for this based on the Elgin game a few years back. Anyone agree or disagree?

Are there any shops or nice wee cafés to sit in that the missus can enjoy while I'm at the game or am I as well dropping her off at Aviemore or something?

Elgin a decent too  for shopping,it's no far away.

I'd recommend dropping her in the Drouthy Cobbler in Elgin. Decent menu, Aspels Cider and Staropramen lager on draught, and some very attractive young barmen to keep her entertained.

P.S. There's f**k all in Buckie.

On 29/10/2016 at 20:03, Poet of the Macabre said:

Any tips on how to actually get to this game without spending a fortune?

Supporters bus. If not, check the times and prices going via Inverness rather than Aberdeen.

15 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

It's two buses from Keith to Buckie (need to change in Fochabers, crossing the road to come back on yourself).

Buckie is on the Elgin-Fochabers-Buckie-Dyce-Aberdeen Stagecoach bus 35 route.

So if not coming at it from the Elgin end, get off the train at either Aberdeen or Dyce.

travelinescotland.com is a good site for multi-mode journey planning.

I've checked out it and you are correct re the two buses, but it still seems like the easiest route. It's only a few minutes wait in Fochabers. 

f**k getting the bus from Aberdeen or Dyce though. It takes almost 3 hours. Only a madman would do such a thing.

Also getting the train to Elgin then the bus from Elgin to Keith is an option.

I've sorted our travel. We're getting the train to Elgin then the bus to Buckie. Straightforward enough (although two of us are coming from Dundee, so it's a very early train to Aberdeen first).

Car is out because then someone wouldn't be able to have some beers.

Archived