Next Dundee FC Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Stephen Kenny as the Dunfermline disaster Stephen Kenny?

The very same - though his stock is surely a bit higher these days seen as he's taken Dundalk to the Europa League group stages via a fairly narrow loss in the CL playoff round, taking some big scalps, relatively, on the way. Saying that they lost 5-0 to St Pats the other day, too, but iirc he was a bit unfortunate to narrowly get relegated around the time St Mirren were perpetually complete shit but somehow always scraped enough results to stay up, it's just that I'm struggling a bit to see who else, other than *arguably* Yogi, would be worth punting Hartley for so I'm trying to think outside the box a wee bit.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Hughes is completely incapable of spending his budget wisely. He can only work with a settled squad he's inherited, where the team virtually picks itself. 

All the best with him.

John Hughes is completely incapable of spending his budget wisely. He can only work with a settled squad he's inherited, where the team virtually picks itself. 

All the best with him.

After the warnings about Williams and Vincent I'm taking the views of ICT fans far more seriously.

Hughes will be a no for me.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

After the warnings about Williams and Vincent I'm taking the views of ICT fans far more seriously.

Hughes will be a no for me.

We don't make this stuff up. We warned the Thistle fans about Devine too and we were spot on.

Williams and Vincent both came decently rated from a top 6 side. It's hard to comprehend just how bad they are. Williams is a tryer but looks no better than Championship level. Vincent is a complete bottlebag. Never seen a player that refuses to take responsibility with the ball as much as him as I have in my life. 3 yard passes and when he's under little to no pressure, in a dangerous area in his own half, he'll continously let a player close him down and disposess him.

I think Vincent has the ability but he just strikes me as a complete shitebag.

In all seriousness I think Dundee should keep Hartley. Not sure if he will turn it around but surely he's done enough to be given at least until Christmas if not longer.

There were some Killie fans who wanted Clark sacked two weeks ago and today he is like the new messiah. People just jump far too quickly.

Losing your two best players at the very end of the window would destroy almost every team in this league.

49 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

The very same - though his stock is surely a bit higher these days seen as he's taken Dundalk to the Europa League group stages via a fairly narrow loss in the CL playoff round, taking some big scalps, relatively, on the way. Saying that they lost 5-0 to St Pats the other day, too, but iirc he was a bit unfortunate to narrowly get relegated around the time St Mirren were perpetually complete shit but somehow always scraped enough results to stay up, it's just that I'm struggling a bit to see who else, other than *arguably* Yogi, would be worth punting Hartley for so I'm trying to think outside the box a wee bit.

Lost 5 - 2 to St Pats after celebrating winning the league, for the third time in succession, three days before.

Piss take or not - I think it's an indictment on the current pool of available managers that Jocky leads the way.

That being said, our squad could do with some 'Telt'age.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Piss take or not - I think it's an indictment on the current pool of available managers that Jocky leads the way.

Reveal hidden contents

That being said, our squad could do with some 'Telt'age.

Hadn't spotted him in the poll, just popped into my head too after you mentioned Jocky Scott - what's Barry Smith up to these days?

Just now, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Hadn't spotted him in the poll, just popped into my head too after you mentioned Jocky Scott - what's Barry Smith up to these days?

Strangely - He's the lead Dundee journalist (Note: Not columnist) of the Evening Telegraph.

Had a gander at Morton's forum, apparently their kitman has asked McBookie on Twitter if they're 'currently running a Championship version of the next manager to leave'. Morton fans frillies are in a twist slightly. :lol:

Archived