Elgin City v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, big al said:

I think (haven't checked though) next 3 games are against teams in  bottom half of league. 

Think the club will see how they go. Today's game is always a tough ask away to Elgin, especially in our form.

although, there's nobody really that good in the division. Should always have a chance going in to any game.

I agree that a win was unlikely today Al but Elgin have lost the last.3 at home and anyone can beat anyone in this league. Something is not right!

1 hour ago, silkybeath said:

I agree that a win was unlikely today Al but Elgin have lost the last.3 at home and anyone can beat anyone in this league. Something is not right!

Aye that's what I as trying to say mate, shouldn't be going into any game really thinking we have no chance of winning.

And I'm aware our Kitman has had similar issues to deal with in the past but the Clubs speak privately to each other about it, not post pics trying to score cheap points.

Craig Christie is a reporter for the local paper.

We were murdered 3-1 today,mcgurn played really well.other than the Ross finish,nothing to give much cheer.think a real lack of confidence was evident today.dont mind us being beaten by a better team but not a braver one

Over the 2 games I have seen them in Elgin City have looked the best team in the Division. They were second just behind East Fife last season and benefit from having a well established line up and set up.

6 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Over the 2 games I have seen them in Elgin City have looked the best team in the Division. They were second just behind East Fife last season and benefit from having a well established line up and set up.

To give Jim Weir credit he's done a good job there during his time with Elgin from where they were when he took over. Seen them 3 times this season 2 against us at at Edinburgh City a few weeks ago. Well organised and always look likely to score.

51 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

We make any team look good this season. Elgin lost their last 3 home games. The team are seriously lacking confidence and each individual needs to give 100% and hope for the breaks that can change our season. I can only hope!!

See the Edinburgh City climb up the table has started.

Has it? 11 games without a win - doesn't mean that when they do win they'll suddenly become an unstoppable force. We need to concentrate on our own many failings and not worry about City.

We make any team look good this season. Elgin lost their last 3 home games. The team are seriously lacking confidence and each individual needs to give 100% and hope for the breaks that can change our season. I can only hope!!

Yes I don't disagree re your second sentence. I thought we looked better than Edinburgh City, Montrose and Annan plus Arbroath in the Cup game. Elgin were slick at Central Park and pretty good today

3 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes I don't disagree re your second sentence. I thought we looked better than Edinburgh City, Montrose and Annan plus Arbroath in the Cup game. Elgin were slick at Central Park and pretty good today

Looking good in 3 or 4 games out of 16 is not enough though and with the players available should not be the case. I don't think Fox is getting the best out of them but I hope he proves me wrong. He better!

It's starting to get ridiculous now with our performances.

All this effort of the park is being returned with an almighty slap in the face from the performances on the park these days.

Very very concerned about where we are headed this season.

What a load of shite. We scraped by the only team below us in the league. Had it not been for McGurn that day, we would not have won. We are a disgrace. The manager has to take responsibility but the players have been pretty pathetic for the most part too.

Elgin were slick at CP? Deary me.

Archived