Elgin City v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

You'll get a pint at the social club situated at the ground.

Aye I know that, been to Elgin a few times but not since 2008. More meant somewhere in the town to watch the Aberdeen game

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 23:44, afca32 said:

3 defeats in a row at home, a win much needed if we're to challenge for the title.

Great, just what I wanted to hear before the long trip up! Strange form from Elgin. Pumping teams away from home.

Lowland League here we come ! 

The board cannot sack Fox, so no point in wasting my breath. We will be out of contention at bottom of league by the end of Feb. We really should start making our preparations for the play off games in May 2017. See the Edinburgh City climb up the table has started. 

I really thought it could not get worse after Nishy...................I was wrong. 

I think (haven't checked though) next 3 games are against teams in  bottom half of league. 

Think the club will see how they go. Today's game is always a tough ask away to Elgin, especially in our form.

although, there's nobody really that good in the division. Should always have a chance going in to any game.

Who played alongside Sives?

Back 3 of Sives - Piper - Todorov.

Utter shite today. First 2 goals both easily could have been stopped but didn't happen. Second in particular saw the left back then Mullen and then sprint through passed Todorov. 3rd goal came after a blatant foul on Turner.

Other than O'Brien and Renton I'd give none of the outfield starters pass marks. Lovely finish from Ross for the goal. The first time a player got on the end of a flick on from Renton. Moore did absolutely nothing. Complete waste of time having him on the oitch.

Ref was shite. Mullen booked for booting the ball away about a second after the ref blew his whistle and then not booking 2 Elgin players for the same thing in the 2nd half. Booked Sives after a flare up when he was over chatting to Fox and not caught up in the melee. Elgin player waited about a minute to be let back on. Finally not giving the foul on Turner for the last goal just summed his day up.

Elgin though were superb. Organised, quick and some lovely finishes. Could have been 4 or 5 if not for McGurn. Can see them finally getting up this season.

As for us? Once Ross and Robertson came on we were better but a big improvement needed. Fair do's to the few who came all the way up for the game.

11 minutes ago, big al said:

I think (haven't checked though) next 3 games are against teams in  bottom half of league. 

Think the club will see how they go. Today's game is always a tough ask away to Elgin, especially in our form.

although, there's nobody really that good in the division. Should always have a chance going in to any game.

Next 3 games are away v Berwick, home v Montrose, away v Edinburgh.

Archived