ACCA exams

Stellaboz

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exam week this week. Anyone doing any? I sat F4 for a giggle and passed, maybe I should think about reconsidering my career choices, instead of working within finance in the organisation I should sit them? My girlfriend has signed up and has exemptions for most of the Fundamental papers, and I have advised of how difficult P2 is. Given that she is doing this through her employer, I’ve advised to go through an Approved Learning Provider, such as Kaplan. Should my advice be heeded?

I'm currently studying for mine which starts in five hours or so. As normal I have done next to no revision and somehow think it's worth cramming this in - it's not but barring a time machine I can't change it now.

The only thing to watch with employers paying you courses etc is that some will now ask you to pay it back if you leave them within a certain time period. Can add up to a hefty bill with courses etc.

There are reasonably priced alternatives such as Acowtancy which are pretty good online videos - it is £99.

I'm currently studying for mine which starts in five hours or so. As normal I have done next to no revision and somehow think it's worth cramming this in - it's not but barring a time machine I can't change it now.

The only thing to watch with employers paying you courses etc is that some will now ask you to pay it back if you leave them within a certain time period. Can add up to a hefty bill with courses etc.

There are reasonably priced alternatives such as Acowtancy which are pretty good online videos - it is £99.

Good luck today, think a few of my colleagues will also be sitting with you.

Thanks for the advice on courses and other things. I believe her employer have reimbursed her IR and exemption fees, on the basis that she remains within the organisation for a couple of years, so would imagine it’s the same for any exam or tuition fees.

How did you get on? One of my friend’s girlfriend was sitting today, said it went not too badly, better than P2 in September by all accounts.

Decent paper. Q1 was largely value chain which is easy marks. Q2 was a good question too. Q3 was ok didn't like the second part.

Archived