Sons v Pars

Don't see why anyone would be so eager for Higgy to play. The guy is a total liability and thinks he's far better than he actually is.

Geggan should be dropped though. Can't pass a ball six yards this season.

Think part of the plan of pushing higginbotham further up the park is when he tries to skin 5 players we are in a better position to defend upon him inevitabley losing it

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We throw up temp terracing at the Leven end for Falkirk matches following fan pressure a few years ago.

Fair enough, hadn't realised that. Good effort from them then. Unfortunately, due to current form, I can't see us taking more than 400-500 fans on Saturday - not even sure we'll take that many. It's a shame, remember going to Dumbarton in 2012/13 and thought it was a nice wee ground. I've already got other plans this weekend, but hope to be at our other fixture there this season. Think it will end up a 3-3 draw or something this week. Robert Thomson almost certain to score at least 1.

Fair enough, hadn't realised that. Good effort from them then. Unfortunately, due to current form, I can't see us taking more than 400-500 fans on Saturday - not even sure we'll take that many. It's a shame, remember going to Dumbarton in 2012/13 and thought it was a nice wee ground. I've already got other plans this weekend, but hope to be at our other fixture there this season. Think it will end up a 3-3 draw or something this week. Robert Thomson almost certain to score at least 1.

He jests.

Falkirk fans were outraged at the size of our tiny little stadium when we got promotion. Temp stands were mooted and tears were shed. How the hell would our miniscule away end house the hoardes of Falkirk fans expected to descend upon Dumbarton?

Well, fairly easy it turned out. Infact it was so easy they could have cloned themselves and accompanied their cloned selves to the game and lay across 2 seats each.

The legend of the Falkirk Stand will never die.

41 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He jests.

Falkirk fans were outraged at the size of our tiny little stadium when we got promotion. Temp stands were mooted and tears were shed. How the hell would our miniscule away end house the hoardes of Falkirk fans expected to descend upon Dumbarton?

Well, fairly easy it turned out. Infact it was so easy they could have cloned themselves and accompanied their cloned selves to the game and lay across 2 seats each.

The legend of the Falkirk Stand will never die.

Can't decide whether this is my favourite recurring Sons 'joke', or the "We'll win 2-1, Player X with a hattrick" thing. :lol:

Given that Johnstone thinks we were doing well on Saturday up til Hibs scored and we tired, I'm assuming it'll be the same team and system that started that game barring any injury changes. So if BRE isn't fit it'll be Williamson in to right back and Martin into the middle, and if Farid isn't fit then either Clark (if fit) or Higginbotham up front - if it's the later then McMullan will come in on the left wing unless Cardle is fit I'm guessing. Despite our awful start and the number of injuries it's strange that we can still put out a 1-11 without players playing out of position although a lot of them are certainly out of form.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Moffat is far too clinical from the spot to be passing up the opportunity. Higgy won't be near it.

I think he'd scored about 30 in a row until he started our penalty missing lark last season. 

CBP_5231_3662.jpg

I know it's relatively early in the season still, but arguably the next two games could make or break our season. And I hope Aitken realises this and sets us up accordingly.

0 or 1 point from the next two games could be very detrimental to our season, so I really hope we can start off with a win in the first one against the Pars.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I know I advocated sending The Moff on loan to Cowden when we re-signed him but I'd be happy to see him given a chance again. I quite miss his incredible misses. 

I think he lacks confidence. The move from Ayr and other things might have effected him? For me he is the best link up player we have at the club and a better option than Reilly. 

Without doubt, Stevie has to start the same team as last week, good performance, unlucky not to take a point in a game where chances from both sides were at a premium, and keepers at their best, probably could have nicked a point at tannadice, just has to forget using Stevenson for a while and use mccallum earlier if we are down, 

Archived