26th Oct, St Johnstone visit Ibrox

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Looks to me like Saints fans have expressed different opinions Tam. Is that not the point of this?

Yes it is, doesn't make it any less laughable. Does anyone seriously think Micky O'Halloran would want to come back? Do they think he'd take the drop in wages? Would Tommy even want him back after his shithouse antics? 

My thoughts are he was decent at Saints because of the way we played. He has pace and a wee bit of trickery, not much, but enough for this league if utilised properly.  Would I have him back? Probably not because I'd like players playing for Saints who you can trust. MOH showed he cannot.

I still remember the semi final, the ball looped over his head, he was onside and one on one with the keeper, a great chance to blast it on the half volley for anyone.

Instead, he took it easy, let the ball land and dribbled it into the keeper.

Waste of a jersey that day.

Depends on the circumstances. His pace was an asset, but it looked like he'd started to be sussed out by the time he left. I wouldn't be wanting to pay a fee for him, but would take him back on a free.

Swanson's twice the player though

Agreed. I'd take him back and potentially play him up front though.

Don't think there's any prospect at all of it happening, just a discussion point. It's far more interesting than actually talking about tomorrow's game.

This is the type of game where we tend to slip up. We're expected to win, so we'll probably end up with a point or less. Hopefully the boys are focused on the task ahead. You simply can't get away with achieving positive results against teams like Hearts and Aberdeen, before dropping points against the likes of Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Rangers.

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This story about O'Halloran not being able to play is gathering pace :lol: Apparently we're due a fee once he plays 20 times for them, so he wont be selected again this season. Despite the fact hes played 23 games for them.

As far as I'm aware the installments were one in January, one in the Summer, and one upon promotion.

The fact he's already played 23 games casts serious doubt (to say the least) on the tale that he's not playing because of a fee that kicks in when he plays 20 games, as does the fact he was on the bench for a major game on Sunday.

The fact he's already played 23 games casts serious doubt (to say the least) on the tale that he's not playing because of a fee that kicks in when he plays 20 games, as does the fact he was on the bench for a major game on Sunday.

Yup. It's utterly bizarre the stories getting any form of credence anywhere.

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Yes it is, doesn't make it any less laughable. Does anyone seriously think Micky O'Halloran would want to come back? Do they think he'd take the drop in wages? Would Tommy even want him back after his shithouse antics? 

Don't think anyone's seriously talking about him wanting to come back Tam, it was more a hypothetical question, maybe if Rangers failed to keep up the payments etc would you want him back.  I'd imagine if they did release him, he would want to go somewhere new anyway, as coming back to Saints would be a bit of an admission of failure.

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

I still remember the semi final, the ball looped over his head, he was onside and one on one with the keeper, a great chance to blast it on the half volley for anyone.

Instead, he took it easy, let the ball land and dribbled it into the keeper.

Waste of a jersey that day.

As opposed to the rest of the team that day?!  The whole team were flat, as we had been in the previous few matches, and for a while afterwards.

We created very little the whole game, and it's unlikely things would have been any different if someone else had started ahead of O'Halloran.

22 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Hopefully there will be a stream available. 

F*ck giving Sevco any Perth pound.

Hope we stick a good few sevgoals past you lot.

Doesn't sound like you will either? Wonder how many other Saints fans will boycott the game, and will we notice the difference anyway?

Ill be boycotting it, just like I boycott Celtic away. Mock us for our shite support all you want, but at least we don't accept folk glassing children

Ill be boycotting it, just like I boycott Celtic away. Mock us for our shite support all you want, but at least we don't accept folk glassing children

What a state to get yourself in! Do you actually boycott these 2 teams or is that your shite excuse for not going to games? Do you boycott home games as well?

28 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

What a state to get yourself in! Do you actually boycott these 2 teams or is that your shite excuse for not going to games? Do you boycott home games as well?

I don't go to Celtic Park or Ibrox, no. Went to them in our first season back up, and it was the worst experiences of football I've had. You don't get to just sit and watch the match without someone screaming towards you or something being hurled at your head, add in the shitehawk stewards who threatened to throw me out for daring to stand up (I was trying to get to the toilet), and its a fairly easy choice. 

I've been to every other ground in the top flight, and I've found a Wednesday night game in Dingwall in the Winter, and a midweek game away to Airdrie in a ~700 crowd far more enjoyable than any game away to the two Glasgow sides.

Archived