Amateur as good as Junior ??

Viewparker

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

So these players have been there and played junior? Just personally think all players should play at the highest possible level they can. Can understand why older players take a step down.

If that's in reference to the guys at Shortlees, it might be that it suits them to play amateur rather than Junior. Less commitment, less travelling etc.

For the Oban players I guess it's down to circumstance - you can't really live and work in Oban and train with a club in central belt. Same for Lochgilphead who have some cracking young players - but they live here and will only be able to play for an adult central belt team if they move away. Travel-timewise that's like someone from Glasgow moving to Dundee.

If that's in reference to the guys at Shortlees, it might be that it suits them to play amateur rather than Junior. Less commitment, less travelling etc.

For the Oban players I guess it's down to circumstance - you can't really live and work in Oban and train with a club in central belt. Same for Lochgilphead who have some cracking young players - but they live here and will only be able to play for an adult central belt team if they move away. Travel-timewise that's like someone from Glasgow moving to Dundee.

Aye mate it was, yeah totally understandable and going through the post it's always the same boys mentioned so they must be players. In my opinion it is very serious for the level of football and very demanding but I think they'd gain more opportunities playing at a higher level. let's face it we are a long time retired.

Archived