Unpopular opinions - wrestling edition

DA Baracus

John Cena should absolutely beat Ric Flair's record. I don't rate Flair, average. 

Not particularly fussed for Brock Lesnar these days, needs something special to reignite my interest in him (very unlikely). Same old with him it's quite underwhelming. 

Would love Miz to be in the title picture, not necessarily win it but definitely be in the mix at least.

Guest bernardblack

I don't like NXT. Some of the takeovers are okay but the run of shows and takeovers are formulaic.

Heel wins title, face wins next, face retains.

Face wine title, heel wins next, heel retains.

And repeat

The attitude era is remembered through rose tinted glasses and most shows were overbooked garbage with no clean finishes in sight. 

As a worker Dean Malenko was much better than Chris Beniot. Lance Storm was better than both.

Lucha libre is utter shite the vast majority of the time. 

Progress is significantly better than ICW.

The NXT weekly show is usually a snooze fest.

The only way Raw is bearable on a weekly basis is by watching the majority of it on fast forward. In any given 3 hour show, I'll actually watch half an hour.

John Cena > Bret Hart

Mick Foley seems quite creepy at times.

Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe in TNA was better than any other American fued of the last ten years.

Kurt Angle could be the best worker ever.

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Progress is significantly better than ICW

They definitely seem to be finding their groove a bit again after a lull, and I don't think that's a very unpopular opinion among people who actually watch both. Still think when it comes to the bigger shows, with one or two notable exceptions over the last 18 months, ICW have done those better. PROGRESS when they're on their game are consistent as over a number of shows which gives them the edge overall.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

They definitely seem to be finding their groove a bit again after a lull, and I don't think that's a very unpopular opinion among people who actually watch both. 

True, but try saying it in the queue for a show at the garage!

41 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Heel Michael Cole was Actually Good and made the commentary genuinely entertaining.

Michael Cole is vastly underrated. I really like him. Must be a horrendous job when you have constantly have Vince/Kevin Dunn in one ear and Bradshaw/King/Mike Adamle in the other.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Michael Cole is vastly underrated. I really like him. Must be a horrendous job when you have constantly have Vince/Kevin Dunn in one ear and Bradshaw/King/Mike Adamle in the other.

The slow burning of his heel persona was good as well. Spent months basically calling Bryan a nerd and a loser then let it develop naturally. Always felt much more real than King's pointless cheering for the heels when he was alongside JR.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can we bring back the Cole Box? I was pissing myself laughing at him screaming into the perspex glass. 

Guest bernardblack

Roman Reigns is the guy and the sooner people realise that and get on board, the better.

He's not going anywhere and is likely to be in the main event for the next ten years or so