Unpopular opinions - wrestling edition

DA Baracus

On 27/10/2019 at 13:22, bernardblack said:

Taker wouldn’t be in the top ten of all time. Nowhere near it in fact

Agreed, I'd rhyme off 20-30 wrestlers I'd rather watch.

I would also happily fast forward past any of Taker's entrances. Slow walking with smoke is pretty boring.

Edited by djchapsticks

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, thekorean said:

AEW overall has not been good.

I'll bite. What are you comparing it with in terms of weekly episodic wrestling, as I'm struggling to think of anything currently at the same level on such a consistent basis, bar maybe, NXT. Raw and Smackdown don't come close. NWA Power is entertaining but let down by the ring work at times. Ditto MLW Fusion.

17 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I'll bite. What are you comparing it with in terms of weekly episodic wrestling, as I'm struggling to think of anything currently at the same level on such a consistent basis, bar maybe, NXT. Raw and Smackdown don't come close. NWA Power is entertaining but let down by the ring work at times. Ditto MLW Fusion.

Raw has been the better show lately.  A lot of people who says otherwise I feel like hasn’t been watching it.

6 hours ago, thekorean said:

Raw has been the better show lately.  A lot of people who says otherwise I feel like hasn’t been watching it.

RAW has improved recently, but only because it has been unwatchable for months. It’s still 3 hours though, and will always be a slog as a result. Dynamite usually breezes past. 

3 hours ago, FifeArab said:

The women’s royal rumble should be punted along with women main eventing Wrestlemania.

That match was the only choice to end that show last year. Whatever has the most momentum/buzz should main event, regardless of who’s in it.  

Don't see any reason for dumping the women's rumble. If it wasn't on there, they'd find something else to bloat the show with, and would also bring a ton of heat on them from all sorts of folk for obvious reasons.

As for women main eventing... they should if it's the big match. Last year, it was the biggest match on the show that ended it, so again, I see no actual good reason for doing this either.