Aberdeen v Celtic - League Cup Final

Great win. Have to say I expected better from Aberdeen but McInnes obviously told his players not to push on and wait to try and hit us on the break. As usual absolute shite baggery of the highest order, it seems to be the sheep's default setting.

We weren't even that good and never really got out of 2nd gear. we'll play much harder games than that this season.

2 out of three trophies in the bag already.

Magic :thumsup2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, smpar said:

Genuine question, what was Inverness like a day or two after the Scottish Cup win? I sat in the Inverness end that day, and most of them were out the ground about 20 minutes after full time. Adding to that, the celebrations at each goal were tame as f**k. 

For a few of us the first couple of days are a bit hazy.

The result itself generated a wee bit of feel good about the place for a while with the cup itself doing a tour of what seemed to be the whole of the highlands. And all of the schools in the area.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have had a positive impact on our crowd situation which we desperately need. 

On the plus side though since then the number of youngsters going around with Caley Thistle tops on is on the increase. Anything that cuts down on the number of old firm shirts can only be good?

1 minute ago, S7C said:

Cheers for the minus.

It looked cheesy as hell and made no sense.

It only looked cheesy as hell because your an arsehole, tbh, and I do understand that trying to score points makes your sad little life more important.  It's always easy to gloat when you win but the true measure of a champion is when they understand the difficulty in getting to the winning spot, the difficulty in actually winning and the understanding that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I appreciate that that goes over your head.

2 minutes ago, weejoeharper said:

It only looked cheesy as hell because your an arsehole, tbh, and I do understand that trying to score points makes your sad little life more important.  It's always easy to gloat when you win but the true measure of a champion is when they understand the difficulty in getting to the winning spot, the difficulty in actually winning and the understanding that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I appreciate that that goes over your head.

I think it's rich that you're calling me an arsehole when you're the one resorting to personal insults, but I understand that you're hurting after that result so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

The huddle response is the only comment I've made in this thread, so I don't understand where the gloating accusation is coming from. Hardly. I don't think Aberdeen played well at all today, but at the end of the day they got to the final by beating everyone they had to so you have to give them respect for that. 

9 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Great win. Have to say I expected better from Aberdeen but McInnes obviously told his players not to push on and wait to try and hit us on the break. As usual absolute shite baggery of the highest order, it seems to be the sheep's default setting.

We weren't even that good and never really got out of 2nd gear. we'll play much harder games than that this season.

2 out of three trophies in the bag already.

Magic :thumsup2

Great win but I expected better.  Makes no sense Romeo, and I'm sure the name is a joke  I'm sure your delighted with the win, not entirely expected and as a an irishman its probably a good thing. However in Scotland I'd rather Scotish team's won the trohpies.

Arsehole.

Deserved win for Celtic.

I thought we did "ok" in that I never felt that Celtic were dominant but they got a couple of half chances and took them. That's the difference.

We played badly in an attacking sense as I never felt we really laid a glove on them.

Really gutting day and hard journey home.

On to ibrox next week. COYR

They really need to sort out the infrastructure at Hampden. Getting away from there is a nightmare.

As for the game disappointing, felt we had little fight. Slightly depressing how little Celtic fans care. We will just have to make do with the double.

Gutless rubbish, but yet again I can console myself that I'm not one of the rubbish people.
100, what the hell was that display about?
The torches thing was just about the cringiest thing I've seen at the football. It's not a fucking Take That concert.
On the park there are no complaints. Celtic knew how to take it in turns to foul, and are a lot better than us. As they fucking should be.
I can't think of anything much more Tory than supporting the team with 90% of the cash. It's like supporting Brazil or the Harlem fucking Globetrotters.
What's the fucking point. No drama, no excitement, no nothing. Just reassurance for some of life's losers, at least they can win in football.
That's the real shitebaggery. Not even having the guts to support a team that might lose once in a while.
Arse holes.
I'm so bitter.
Seeething
Fizzing
Verge of tears
GIRFUY

Gutless rubbish, but yet again I can console myself that I'm not one of the rubbish people.
The torches thing was just about the cringiest thing I've seen at the football. It's not a fucking Take That concert.
On the park there are no complaints. Celtic knew how to take it in turns to foul, and are a lot better than us. As they fucking should be.
I can't think of anything much more Tory than supporting the team with 90% of the cash. It's like supporting Brazil or the Harlem fucking Globetrotters.
What's the fucking point. No drama, no excitement, no nothing. Just reassurance for some of life's losers, at least they can win in football.
That's the real shitebaggery. Not even having the guts to support a team that might lose once in a while.
Arse holes.
I'm so bitter.
Seeething
Fizzing
Verge of tears
GIRFUY

I think that's the worst part about it is seeing how little it means to Celtic fans

3 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Arse holes.
I'm so bitter.
Seeething
Fizzing
Verge of tears
GIRFUY

ooofff....:lol:

Your team is 2-0 up in a cup final. Obviously you log onto an internet forum to whinge about crowds.

What an odd fellow.

Had a look at HT to see the nonsense being spouted by the sides. After all, they spent several weeks telling us how they would sell out their end & merited a 50/50 split. Just more proof of how much shit they talk.

Oh well, congratulations to the Hoops on winning 100 untainted honours.

Well done Celtic, took their chances and were smart to commit all their fouls on the half way line.

Wished we had been a bit more physical, probably indicative that we didn't pick up a single booking and as has been said many times, when Hayes has an off day, we all do. He wasn't awful, just not at his best. Bah

Plenty of frustration to take out on those c***s next week.

Archived