Airdrieonians vs Q.P.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Enjoy your winnings ! I could do with some after spending the best part of £70 at the game yesterday.

Cheers the win means more though. Our form is inconsistent hopefully we will get back to back wins and beat east fife. 

10 hours ago, qpfc said:

Seriously need to sort out defending corners. That's about the 6th or 7th time we've conceded a goal from a corner this season.

Despite losing four yesterday we're actually sixth in the table for goals-against which is good going for a team of unpaid part-timers. Understand your frustration but be reminded it was the defence and their efforts that smuggled us into this league. But they're being stretched this year by better organised teams with more experienced players, some of them with full-time coaching.

I was more impressed by the determination of the Airdrie no2 and the way he attacked the ball. We don't have anyone that does that. In any position.

16 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Need to forget this and give Stennie a doing next week please .

The team that can't score versus the team that can't defend. Should be comical.

Airdrie are the same as I saw in the first two games. Good going forward, not so much defending. Despite all the effort, winning a game with three penalties is exceptional. Although it's a reasonable argument that penalties are more likely to come from ambitious attackers pushing into tight areas. QP midfielders should try it.

It was right in line as to where I sit. It was stone wall penalty all day long!

I've watched the highlights and regardless of your far better view, I'm even more convinced it was not a penalty and the ref was atoning for his f**k up at not giving them one earlier.

FAO Cooper81, that's how you respond with a quote.

The penalty award for the second looks even worse than it did at the time. No excuse for letting it get to us in the way that it did, though. Completely lost the place and gave Airdrie a third goal. If we'd gone in at 2-1, we'd maybe have regrouped and performed better. However, if yer auntie was yer uncle etc...

Both Bradley and Galt have left, so I heard. 

I agree with dropping Miller. Don't believe he brings much to the team. On a good day, his free kicks and corners can be good but yesterday weren't. Few times his corners weren't beating the first man! Don't agree with Woods, actually think that's ridiculous! He was brilliant last week n lively in the first half. Second half not so much but who was. It amazes me how differently some people see the game. 

If you drop anyone, it's McGeever! He gives away a goal a game. Fact he's in the team is beyond me never mind the captain. I would have Gibson before any of the defenders! Cummings has been consistent last few games mind you. McLeish was excellent last week but poor yesterday. 

23 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I don't quite get the Sevco comment; If you mean the current Airdrie rose from a liquidated company, it does not follow that penalties are part of the new arrangement. If you mean we are somehow connected to the restored Rangers F.C where is your evidence? Or was it just the old joke that when Rangers were reported as winning 1-0 most people asked who had scored the penalty? Anyway it was a much better all round performance as a team especially after Russell made the error that led to their penalty equalizer. I don't think I have ever seen a game where nearly every challenge in the box might well have been a penalty, nor 4 in one game.

Just a wee joke about the personnel (Goram) and rumours (e.g. Barry Ferguson) and TW's preferences.  Nothing more to read into it than that.

2 hours ago, AllanM said:

Both Bradley and Galt have left, so I heard. 

I agree with dropping Miller. Don't believe he brings much to the team. On a good day, his free kicks and corners can be good but yesterday weren't. Few times his corners weren't beating the first man! Don't agree with Woods, actually think that's ridiculous! He was brilliant last week n lively in the first half. Second half not so much but who was. It amazes me how differently some people see the game. 

If you drop anyone, it's McGeever! He gives away a goal a game. Fact he's in the team is beyond me never mind the captain. I would have Gibson before any of the defenders! Cummings has been consistent last few games mind you. McLeish was excellent last week but poor yesterday. 

I don't think we can drop Miller either. Maybe dipped in recent weeks, but taking his delivery out of the team blunts an already limited goal threat.

Looking at the footage, MGeever doesn't even need to make the tackle. All he has to do is go with him and stay on his feet. 

You could argue that, but the fact is that he won the ball and it's never a penalty. The referee cost us on that front, not McGeever. I agree that he's lacked the consistency of last season, though. It's a level up for all of the lads, though. They're all capable of competing, but you get punished for things that you don't in League 2 and that's shown at times. If we replicate the first quarter in the next three, we'll stay in the league. Plenty of ups and downs ahead.

Sorry but this is just pants. McGeever is the backbone of the defence and deserves to be captain. He, like everyone else in the team, has an off day but in general is solid and is seldom beaten in the air. Maybe it's because he is in fact so pro active and is not a ball watcher that when it doesnt click for him it seems all the worse. I would have him in every game imo. Agreed I would like to see Gibson back in the team and would also like to see Willie Muir back to his best.......... 

Archived