Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

On 31/03/2020 at 10:17, well fan for life said:

Repaired a broken JoyCon the other night. Mine had developed a horrible amount of drift that was rendering it unusable. Bought a wee kit off Amazon for a tenner a while ago and never got round to it. Turns out it's a total breeze to replace the joystick. 

Have you got a link, i've got a the same problem with my left Joy Con, basically drifts to the right all the time and i'm not paying £65 for a new one!

30 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I know it's hard to get non essential things these days but I can't find a switch anywhere that hasn't been price gouged to high heavens.

Not exactly a great bundle deal, but Argos are doing the Switch at its normal retail price of £279.

Struggling to find a Switch at all, only Switch Lite which seems a bit of a pointless buy.

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

Have you got a link, i've got a the same problem with my left Joy Con, basically drifts to the right all the time and i'm not paying £65 for a new one!

I bought this off Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VLYGLF4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: Just checked and it's sold out but this one looks like it's much the same here!

Then followed a video like this: 

It was actually really, really easy to do. Just take your time and be careful with the really tiny screws. 

You might also need to recalibrate the joystick itself once you boot it up again. 

Edited by well fan for life

• 2 weeks later...

Bioshock trilogy - one cart
Borderlands 1&2 and pre sequel - one cart
Burnout paradise remastered

All apparently out within a couple of months (bioshock and Borderlands are slotted for end of may)
If they could push them out for this self isolation / stay at home period I would be chuffed

3 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Managed to purchase one of these this morning on Very. Would recommend to anyone wanting one to set up alerts on Stock Informer.

Does anyone have any game recommendations? 

Mario Odyssey

Zelda: Breath of Wind

Baba is you

Mario Kart 8

Untitled Goose Game

On 16/04/2020 at 18:29, ListerRRFC said:

Managed to purchase one of these this morning on Very. Would recommend to anyone wanting one to set up alerts on Stock Informer.

Does anyone have any game recommendations? 

Mario Odyssey is a must buy, its just absolutely joyful. 

If you haven't played Witcher 3 it'd be worth a shot in the hope that you fall on the "absolutely love it" side of the fence. 

Breath of the Wild I never got into, but seems like I'm in the minority. Very polished, and if you like that type of game you'll have a ball. 

To be honest, I've not really found a game on the switch that I've thought has been shit, particularly on ports. The ones I've played have done an incredible job of working around the limitations. 

All of these and Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening remastered, Ori & the Blind Forest, Binding of Isaac and Moonlighter.
Mario maker 2
Super smash Bros
Mario Wii u remake is apparently good.

Check shopto.net for games. Fast delivery and usually good prices

Anyone got FIFA 20 for their Switch? I got it for £20 from Currys. 

Not seen great reviews but most of them say it's due to no real upgrade since 19...I've not had a FIFA game since World Cup 2010 on PS3. Is this ok if that's the last one you played? I always got PES although the last of that was 2019...

• 3 weeks later...

That was like an RKO straight outta nowhere had heard nothing about this. Looking forward to it though.

There was a leak last year suggesting a Mario franchise game, a 2d metroid game and a Mario world's type thing with levels from 64, sunshine, galaxy etc would all be this year but nothing announced, then this appears out the ether

Found a link remario, not Mario world's but Mario remasters.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/super-mario-bros-35th-anniversary/