Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

I bought Smash Bros and Hollow Knight Over Christmas. I can't get into Smash right now - probably need to put more time into it but I didn't have a clue what was going on for the hour I was playing. Hollow Knight is outstanding but completely infuriating - only cost around a tenner though.

I also got Kirby All Star Allies for the kids which they seem to be really enjoying - although they probably have no idea what is going on!!

On 07/01/2019 at 13:42, Saigon Raider said:

Hollow Knight is outstanding but completely infuriating - only cost around a tenner though.

Hollow Knight is tough but worth persevering with.  I thought that there was a steep learning curve at the start but it got more manageable.  Some of the bosses are difficult, but once the game opens up there are plenty options to explore.

Terrific value for money.

Got Mario and Rabbids, brilliant wee game, also got grim Fandango on sale with the gold points. Taking the piss as a remaster though

• 2 weeks later...

It that good?

I'm currently enjoying plodding through RDR on the PS4 and that is going to take some beating to be honest.

I'll take your word for it though, is it something my son can play? He's coming 8?

Edit; just googled it, he got a Zelda game with it, I can bet its breath of the wild. He has jumped in and out of it but tends to just put the game down rather than ask for help. Might be good to start from scratch with him and play through it together.

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

24 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

It that good?

I'm currently enjoying plodding through RDR on the PS4 and that is going to take some beating to be honest.

I'll take your word for it though, is it something my son can play? He's coming 8?

Edit; just googled it, he got a Zelda game with it, I can bet its breath of the wild. He has jumped in and out of it but tends to just put the game down rather than ask for help. Might be good to start from scratch with him and play through it together.

It that good

1 hour ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

It that good?

100%. Some of the temples are super tricky but once you get a grip of how to use all the different powers you learn how to crack them. Definitely worth having a crack at.

Mario Odyssey is like mainlining serotonin as well. Absolutely insane amounts of fun.

Not been in for a while because my console is goosed. I hadn't used it in a few months and went to charge it but it isn't responding. Doing a bit of research it says that apparently you need to keep charging it even if you aren't using it. Any ideas what I do now/where I'd get a new battery?

Not been in for a while because my console is goosed. I hadn't used it in a few months and went to charge it but it isn't responding. Doing a bit of research it says that apparently you need to keep charging it even if you aren't using it. Any ideas what I do now/where I'd get a new battery?
Take it off the dock and plug charger direct
Leave 3 hours or so.
Go to it, hold the power button 30 seconds

It should cycle through.

Never had something that allows the charge to go below basic turn on function before?

Btw if you have a Windows phone that suffers this plug into Xbox or Windows machine

Take it off the dock and plug charger direct
Leave 3 hours or so.
Go to it, hold the power button 30 seconds

It should cycle through.

Never had something that allows the charge to go below basic turn on function before?

Btw if you have a Windows phone that suffers this plug into Xbox or Windows machine
Cheers will give it a go. I haven't actually experienced anything like that before. Any item that requires charging I tend to use all the time. Not sure why I hadn't played the Switch for so long.

Cheers will give it a go. I haven't actually experienced anything like that before. Any item that requires charging I tend to use all the time. Not sure why I hadn't played the Switch for so long.
I have on a couple of items. Giving it a long time to charge and trying the soft reset.

Even better if any light indicator appears to show how it's going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...