Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

Is that as standalone games or as part of the stuff you get with the new online service?
I think standalone. Mentioned at same time as Luigi's mansion 3

Check out @NintendoAmerica’s Tweet:

Cant post images on app

Wonder why no FF8
It's never appeared remade on many platforms unlike the others. This is down to square losing the masters for vii VIII and ix.
Whilst older betas of the others were found to remaster the version of VIII was very old and did not port well.
That's why previous reissues backgrounds are terrible. They only have final compressed files for PS1 quality of the graphics.
That's what I read before. Seems there may also be a licence issue with the song as well

2 hours ago, weirdcal said:

It's never appeared remade on many platforms unlike the others. This is down to square losing the masters for vii VIII and ix.
Whilst older betas of the others were found to remaster the version of VIII was very old and did not port well.
That's why previous reissues backgrounds are terrible. They only have final compressed files for PS1 quality of the graphics.
That's what I read before. Seems there may also be a licence issue with the song as well

Damn thats shit as its the best of the PS1 versions imo

Cities Skylines also made its way over.  Picked it up as it seems the best option for someone who loved SimCity 4 before EA shat all over the series.   So far, they've done a very, very good job of porting the control scheme.  Yet to put that much time into it, so suspect there'll be some issues, but it's quite intuitive.  

19 minutes ago, Internet Citizen said:

Today is the beginning of the subscription based Switch Online. It’s only £17.99 a year and I’ll pay it, but you don’t really get a great deal for your money.

Playing old Nintendo games, whether on or offline will surely only be fun for a limited time.

I dont have a whole lot of choice, otherwise Mr X jnrs online gaming will be severely cut!

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know of anywhere doing a decent deal for the Switch with Mario Odyssey?
Had a wee win at the weekend and going to get the wee man's Xmas sorted before I fritter the money away.
Postabargain had one for 279 with odyssey but I think website might be down at the moment

Watch for Mario party bundle for the extra joycons if looking for multiplayer fun

• 2 weeks later...

f**k Red Dead and Fallout, I can't wait for the first Pokémon RPG on the Switch. Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are released on the 16th. 

Hybrid between the traditional Pokémon games (Yellow remake) with the Pokémon Go catching and encountering mechanics. 

On 11/12/2018 at 11:18, GingerSaint said:

f**k Red Dead and Fallout, I can't wait for the first Pokémon RPG on the Switch. Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee are released on the 16th. 

Hybrid between the traditional Pokémon games (Yellow remake) with the Pokémon Go catching and encountering mechanics. 

I am absolutely soaking for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't know about the Mario party bundle, that's good to know cheers.
Got mine on Friday. Game would be a good laugh with drinks involved. Switch looks good with either set on. The switch also can tell which colour of joy con is attached

• 1 month later...