Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

Guest bernardblack

Late to the party here but just got a Switch and thought I'd try mario kart online.....I don't understand how everyone else is that good

So Nintendo finally announced more details of Smash Bros at E3. 

It's name is now confirmed as Smash Bros Ultimate and with good reason as it really is the ultimate Smash game. It will feature every fighter (every single one) who has ever been a playable character in a Smash Game. This means Snake is back as are the Ice Climbers, Pichu, Young Link and Star Wolf. The roster so far sits at an enormous 68 playable characters with some more new ones like the already announced splatoon inklings and 2 introduced at E3 in shape of Daisy from the Mario series as well as Ridley from Metroid. 

Oh, and it's out on December 7th.

Fortnite also coming to Switch, coincidentally just a month or so after Nintendo announced they'd be charging for online play.  Hmmm...

Looking forward to Smash Bros.  I never really played Nintendo in my youth outside of a few shots of NES/SNES games at friends.  Didn't really experience any Mario games, Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Party, etc etc.  Switch is introducing me to all of these, so just a few to go.  

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Fortnite also coming to Switch, coincidentally just a month or so after Nintendo announced they'd be charging for online play.  Hmmm...

Looking forward to Smash Bros.  I never really played Nintendo in my youth outside of a few shots of NES/SNES games at friends.  Didn't really experience any Mario games, Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Party, etc etc.  Switch is introducing me to all of these, so just a few to go.  

Fortnite is available right now. 

I hope Mario Party has an online feature. The Switch seems like it’s made for that game.

1 hour ago, GingerSaint said:

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee looks decent. Combines DS Pokemon games with the Pokemon Go capture mechanics.

So keen for that as well. Really excited to see what the game looks like running on good hardware. I've got an old style 3ds and it struggled sometimes with Pokemon Sun.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

I'm on the hunt for a hand held console for travelling to and from work, is the Switch worth the hefty price tag?

If the games that are out/coming out interest you, it's an absolutely wonderful piece of kit.  Very, very impressive what it manages to achieve in such a small unit.

I'm on the hunt for a hand held console for travelling to and from work, is the Switch worth the hefty price tag?

I was in the same boat, swithering on the price, but I’d thoroughly recommend it.

I get less and less time to play games as I get older, and having something I can dip in and out of when travelling, or play while my gf is watching TV, it’s definitely been a worthwhile purchase.

With the amount of units sold, the amount of games available should rise, but Nintendo are great for really good in-house games anyway.

17 minutes ago, Internet Citizen said:

I was in the same boat, swithering on the price, but I’d thoroughly recommend it.

I get less and less time to play games as I get older, and having something I can dip in and out of when travelling, or play while my gf is watching TV, it’s definitely been a worthwhile purchase.

With the amount of units sold, the amount of games available should rise, but Nintendo are great for really good in-house games anyway.

Yeah it's not cheap that's for sure, I've hardly touched my PS4 in about a year so a hand held guy would tick the boxes, I was also looking at Sony PSP's too but it seems the Switch is where it's at! Don't think I've seen a bad review!

Switch is fantastic and I use it exclusively in handheld mode. 

Just bought Fifa 18 for it as it was only 18 quid or so. Decent enough but online play lacks users. Ultimate Team is dead and you can barely trade on it because there's hardly any listings.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Nintendo Labo variety box when we were in the US.

It comes with the Remote control car, fishing rod, motorbike, piano and house (I think).

So far made the rc car and motorbike with my 6 year old and it is so well designed - motorbike is great fun.

No idea how much it is in the UK but was only $70 in US.

Got the Nintendo Labo variety box when we were in the US.

It comes with the Remote control car, fishing rod, motorbike, piano and house (I think).

So far made the rc car and motorbike with my 6 year old and it is so well designed - motorbike is great fun.

No idea how much it is in the UK but was only $70 in US.
Hope you've got Mario kart ;)

That's where the labo will really take off, if they can get the controls integrated into more mainstream games, as they have with Mario kart.

On 8/11/2018 at 09:59, Mr X said:

Hope you've got Mario kart ;)

That's where the labo will really take off, if they can get the controls integrated into more mainstream games, as they have with Mario kart.

Yeah, definitely.  I got both sets (because I'm a massive child) and built up everything in it.  Absolutely fantastic the way they've put everything together, and clearly a lot of love and attention has gone into every step of it.  But once you've built them, unless you're going to go right into the Garage part (where you can start tinkering with minutiae and make your own stuff) then there's not a huge amount of replay value.  If they can start fleshing out the games that come with it, then Nintendo will clean up with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...