Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

The Switch console itself is more kid friendly in the input scheme.  Joy cons would surely suit kids' hands better than the PS4 controller too.  It's not just the games.  Plus the Switch is always going to have that focus and aspect to its development going forward, PS4 doesn't.

The switch will most probably be played by yourself once the kids go to bed and the Mrs claims the tv remote. Many an episode of coronation St has been avoided by sitting with head phones, my switch and breath of the wild

8 hours ago, weirdcal said:

The switch will most probably be played by yourself once the kids go to bed and the Mrs claims the tv remote. Many an episode of coronation St has been avoided by sitting with head phones, my switch and breath of the wild

Change Coronation St for fu*king Gilmore Girls and I am exactly the same!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the Labo variety pack on Friday.  An incredibly inventive piece of kit that has been very, very well put together.  Only negative is that the wee one's only 1, would be great fun to build things with him.  As it is though, I think the portion that allows you to get into the inner workings of what the hardware can do is going to lead to some absolutely brilliant results from the more creative.

1 hour ago, Internet Citizen said:

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

That’s Nintendo announced their online package starting from September this year.

A little underwhelmed by the NES part, although I’d hope they’ll expand that in the future.

All in all it’s not bad for £17.99 a year though.

Not bad, except most of it is available now for free. Am I the only one who doesnt get why you would need to save games in the cloud on a portable device? :unsure2:

13 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Not bad, except most of it is available now for free. Am I the only one who doesnt get why you would need to save games in the cloud on a portable device? :unsure2:

Given there's no way to back up your saves physically, it's essentially a storage option should something go wrong.

I have no interest in playing NES games, or really playing any Switch games online.  Would need to offer a lot more to be of any interest to me.

8 minutes ago, forameus said:

Given there's no way to back up your saves physically, it's essentially a storage option should something go wrong.

I have no interest in playing NES games, or really playing any Switch games online.  Would need to offer a lot more to be of any interest to me.

Fair point. Was just me then :lol:

I can only imagine Mr X Jnrs reaction if I told him he couldnt play Splatoon 2 online anymore!

ETA - I wonder if you have to be signed up to this to get updates to games

Edited by Mr X

For all their innovation, Nintendo really like packaging up their old games. I’d imagine those NES titles will get boring relatively quickly, online multiplayer or not.

I’m sure they’ll expand it to other old consoles but they’ve probably decided to skip the SNES for now as the SNES Mini would pretty much become redundant.

Need some help with the switch my son got splatoon 2 for this  but he also get me to buy him some Amiibo figure now i assume this work along the lines of game like disney infinity where it needs a reader of sorts.  has anyone got a link to what i should be using.  All i can find is a NFC reader which shows 3DS is that the same thing??

After a quick google it seems to be part of the joycon so i'll try it later and see how it goes

Edited by paisleysaints

2 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

Need some help with the switch my son got splatoon 2 for this  but he also get me to buy him some Amiibo figure now i assume this work along the lines of game like disney infinity where it needs a reader of sorts.  has anyone got a link to what i should be using.  All i can find is a NFC reader which shows 3DS is that the same thing??

After a quick google it seems to be part of the joycon so i'll try it later and see how it goes

Its part of the joycon

HTH :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Free online demo of Mario Tennis Aces available for the weekend. It’s fucking awesome. 

Reached the Final multiple times but get papped out by Rosalina every time it seems. I’m mainly using Waluigi who returns everything.

Free online demo of Mario Tennis Aces available for the weekend. It’s fucking awesome. 
Reached the Final multiple times but get papped out by Rosalina every time it seems. I’m mainly using Waluigi who returns everything.
I haven't had a chance to try it yet, can't get Mr X jnr off it!

Mario Tennis Aces is indeed ace!

I've played something ridiculous like 40 matches and won around 30 odd. I've won 1 tournament with Spike. 

Rosalina and Chomp are a bit of a bugger to play against!