Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

What a game man. Absolutely loving it. Barely scratched the surface of the main quests yet, I'm pottering around trying to get all the Sky Towers and all of Robbie's quests done to get all the Sheikah pad extras installed. Also doing the Lucky Gazette quests so I can get the frog armour, because the bloody rain on this game is the bane of my life. 

Haven't delved much into building stuff yet, but some of the things you can se people build on Reddit is wild. Some Transformer tier shit below. Can see this game having an active community for years and years to come building all manner of stuff.

Aye I've put about 30 hours into this now and I've still only done the first dungeon. Enjoying it considerably more than I ever did BotW, it's some experience. The new abilities combined with the sky and underground area really do add an incredible extra layer of complexity, and some of the creative things I've seen people do are wild.

What i like about it, is when you get a quest, you don't just get a marker telling you where to go like every other open world game. You've got to talk to the right people or look at the map for right places.

The depths are a nice addition as well as the sage abilities even though they get in the road sometimes. 

Some of the voice acting is a bit weird like Yunobo who sounds horrendous. 

My wife and I are both playing this on separate saves.  It's interesting whenever I see what she's up to how much it differs from what I'm doing.  She's done the first dungeon and is sort of following the main storyline, but I'm just basically fucking about, trying to open up the map and finding shrines to build my levels up.

It's fucking magnificent.

17 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

My wife and I are both playing this on separate saves.  It's interesting whenever I see what she's up to how much it differs from what I'm doing.  She's done the first dungeon and is sort of following the main storyline, but I'm just basically fucking about, trying to open up the map and finding shrines to build my levels up.

It's fucking magnificent.

I do the same as you, my son the same as your wife. I did the dungeon and Boss at Rito village but have now wandered around the map and activated all the towers. I'll go back and start to do the shrines that I passed on the way and the missions. Certainly finding it harder than BOTW but still really enjoyable

Spoiler

Anyone tried to fight one of those three headed dragons yet? I've not been brave or stupid enough yet.

9 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I've never played Zelda but I fancy giving it a try. Would it be OK for me to go straight to Tears of the Kingdom, or should I play others first? I have seen somewhere that you should do Breath of the Wild first.

Just play TOTK I reckon. Gameplay wise its the same game as BOTW, with a few additions on top. I don't think you could play them back-to-back without getting bored. Story wise, you don't need to have knowledge of any previous games.

57 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Just play TOTK I reckon. Gameplay wise its the same game as BOTW, with a few additions on top. I don't think you could play them back-to-back without getting bored. Story wise, you don't need to have knowledge of any previous games.

Exactly this. The only Zelda game I'd played before BotW was one on the Wii about 18 years ago.

18 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I've never played Zelda but I fancy giving it a try. Would it be OK for me to go straight to Tears of the Kingdom, or should I play others first? I have seen somewhere that you should do Breath of the Wild first.

The games aren't linear, so pre exposure to zelda isn't required, though if looking to get into them probably might want to do BoTW first as I can imagine some of the new mechanics in TotK might frustrate you not being in there. 

Don't think there really has been a bad zelda. 

Lots of the early ones are on the online stuff on the switch too

I miss the bombs from BotW. I used to love just sitting on a hill and bombing feck out of a bokoblin nest and the daft feckers had no idea what was going on. 

Managed to get the Master Sword.

Kept wiping on those gloom hand thingys underneath the Deku.

My method:

Spoiler

Teleport to the starting area & ascend up top. Build a wing, fan & battery & ride it to the dragon.

Plus you'll need 2 stamina wheels

Edited by Venti

Has anyone completed the A Call From The Depths mission? 

Spoiler

I unblocked the gate, found the 4 Eyes and dropped them down the chasms. But in the Depths I cannot find the Eyes. Am guessing they are at the markers on the map but is there an easy way to spot/find them?