Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

TotK might / might not be the reason I am fannying about fixing drift.. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/9039713141

My joy cons developed horrible drift and instead of paying £80 for a new set I bought that kit and replaced it myself. A bit of a faff but perfectly doable. 

I'm just rinsing out the last bits & pieces of Jedi: Survivor then I am going all in on this. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/9039713141

My joy cons developed horrible drift and instead of paying £80 for a new set I bought that kit and replaced it myself. A bit of a faff but perfectly doable. 

I'm just rinsing out the last bits & pieces of Jedi: Survivor then I am going all in on this. 

That is the kit I got, 2 of the replacement parts don't work. The other 2 did. 

The right joycon is a bitch to do, the left you can do in your sleep

Can you not get the joycon drift fixed for free from Nintendo now? My first set from 2017 are fucked, newer set I bought in 2019 I think has slight drift on the left one, but is only noticeable on games like Hollow Knight.

I've got no pre-order for TOTK, hopefully somewhere will still be stocked up in Glasgow by Friday lunchtime or its a GG for me.

24 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Can you not get the joycon drift fixed for free from Nintendo now? My first set from 2017 are fucked, newer set I bought in 2019 I think has slight drift on the left one, but is only noticeable on games like Hollow Knight.

I've got no pre-order for TOTK, hopefully somewhere will still be stocked up in Glasgow by Friday lunchtime or its a GG for me.

I think so but last time I had the issue was in the middle of a covid lockdown so I had plenty of time on my hands to fix it. 

I've put about 45 mins into it so far and it's very much just more of the same, so if you enjoyed BOTW then you'll love this as well.

Lots of interesting stuff even early doors if you're into your Zelda lore and story too though. 

I've picked it up (digital, so not available yet) in the hope that I could find whatever I missed with BOTW, as I just couldn't see what everyone was raving about.  I guess I did have an enjoyable enough time with it, but I just didn't see it as this nigh-on perfect experience that everyone said it was.  

10 minutes ago, forameus said:

I've picked it up (digital, so not available yet) in the hope that I could find whatever I missed with BOTW, as I just couldn't see what everyone was raving about.  I guess I did have an enjoyable enough time with it, but I just didn't see it as this nigh-on perfect experience that everyone said it was.  

Have you played any others in the series? BOTW, while still amazing, isn't even in my top 5 Zelda games.

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Have you played any others in the series? BOTW, while still amazing, isn't even in my top 5 Zelda games.

I completely missed the Game Boy era, and opted for the far superior fire hazard that was the Game Gear.  Then managed to completely avoid Nintendo up until getting a Switch so BOTW was my first exposure to Zelda.  

14 hours ago, Swarley said:

Mine is "expected delivery before 8pm" on Friday! Which displeases me greatly.

disappointed fifth element GIF

Delivery status update. IT'S HERE! Am now taking a half day off work... 

DSC_2203.JPG