Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

On 08/10/2021 at 09:55, Zanetti said:

Metroid Dread reviews are absolutely through the roof, it's getting pretty much universally top scores. Going to pick up a copy this afternoon although I like won't get to try it for a few days! Can't wait

Let me know how it goes. I'm currently knocking down Deathloop before I buy another game but this is looking delightful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2021 at 11:42, well fan for life said:

Let me know how it goes. I'm currently knocking down Deathloop before I buy another game but this is looking delightful.

I've still not played it much, but I'm sure you've heard from other people that it's excellent. I will say though that EMMI chases get a wee bit boring for me, but overall the game feels so well polished and the world is phenomenal.

• 1 month later...
On 20/11/2021 at 21:40, gav-ffc said:

Bairns been at me the last few weeks about a switch so Santa has decided she’s getting one ( I’ll use it more) game recommendations?

we’re getting mario kart 8 and animal crossing so far.

Any mario game wont go wrong, most switch games that are big games are usually very well done and well polished etc, likes of zelda

Mario party is a riot with others

Bairns been at me the last few weeks about a switch so Santa has decided she’s getting one ( I’ll use it more) game recommendations?

What age is the wean?  Mine are 6 and 8 and they fucking love Pokemon Shield, and are getting Sword for Christmas (big team found).  Zelda Breath of the Wild is absolutely magnificent and you'll find yourself playing it as well.

31 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

What age is the wean?  Mine are 6 and 8 and they fucking love Pokemon Shield, and are getting Sword for Christmas (big team found).  Zelda Breath of the Wild is absolutely magnificent and you'll find yourself playing it as well.

Aye she’s 6 should’ve said. 

I’ll have a look at those cheers. 

I repost this every time it comes up but I will not tire of telling people that Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is one of the best games of all time. Mario Odyssey is an injection of pure serotonin as well. 

• 9 months later...

Thought it was bizarre that Nintendo chose not to stream today's direct on the UK YouTube channel.

Now that they've announced the new Zelda game's title as Tears of the Kingdom it makes a bit more sense.

Hilarious timing, and I'm buzzing that we finally have a name and date for this.

17 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Thought it was bizarre that Nintendo chose not to stream today's direct on the UK YouTube channel.

Now that they've announced the new Zelda game's title as Tears of the Kingdom it makes a bit more sense.

Hilarious timing, and I'm buzzing that we finally have a name and date for this.

Can't wait for it.  BotW is absolutely in my top 5 games of all time (maybe even top 3)

52 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Can't wait for it.  BotW is absolutely in my top 5 games of all time (maybe even top 3)

It's a brilliant game, definitely. I'm a massive fan of the series in general and I wouldn't even have it in my top 5 Zelda games to be honest, they changed the formula a bit too much for my liking. I definitely appreciate it for what it is though and hope they can re-introduce some of the older elements they removed.

35 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

It's a brilliant game, definitely. I'm a massive fan of the series in general and I wouldn't even have it in my top 5 Zelda games to be honest, they changed the formula a bit too much for my liking. I definitely appreciate it for what it is though and hope they can re-introduce some of the older elements they removed.

It's the only Zelda game I've ever played.  I'm 43........

*hides*

For some reason I've got a right temptation to play the Switch again.

What's the chat around the Switch Lite? When I had one a few years ago I only ever used it in handheld mode.