Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Fire up an emulator.

I got a USB adaptor that let's you use original GC controllers on the PC.

I think I'm hamstrung by having a Macbook that's getting on a bit. I got a Nintendo emulator set up a while back but the Gamecube seemed like a step too far for the emulator and/ or the Mac.

I think I'm hamstrung by having a Macbook that's getting on a bit. I got a Nintendo emulator set up a while back but the Gamecube seemed like a step too far for the emulator and/ or the Mac.
Ah, a mac user? You have my sympathies.

The dolphin emulator is a Wii emulator but, obviously, you can also use it to play GC games.

I'm not sure the specs required, or even if there is a mac version, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2020 at 23:40, Mr X said:

Fire up an emulator.

I got a USB adaptor that let's you use original GC controllers on the PC.

Man, the gamecube controller was under-rated 

Man, the gamecube controller was under-rated 
I still have my cube and four controllers, I also got the adaptor for the wii u to play smash on it

• 2 weeks later...

Are they a knack to syncing the controllers? I bought a switch second hand, and I was given two extra non nintendo controllers.  I cant get them to work.  I have fully charged them.  Tried to add controllers when it is in the TV dock, when it is in handheld mode.

I've tried changing the grip control, and when trying to find new controllers they aren't being found.

Is there something obvious I'm missing or should they just be fired in the bin?

25 minutes ago, Loki said:

Are they a knack to syncing the controllers? I bought a switch second hand, and I was given two extra non nintendo controllers.  I cant get them to work.  I have fully charged them.  Tried to add controllers when it is in the TV dock, when it is in handheld mode.

I've tried changing the grip control, and when trying to find new controllers they aren't being found.

Is there something obvious I'm missing or should they just be fired in the bin?

Do you meant controllers as in traditional style or extra switch controllers?

Mr X jnr has a traditional style controller but cant say hes ever had any problems with it, although it is a proper Nintendo one

Just left and right controllers that can be plugged into the switch when its handheld.  I do add their non Nintendo.  I have three other nintendo controllers that synced as soon as you slid them in.

Thanks anyway, think they're just goosed. Went for the one with four controllers for four player mario kart.  For some reason the right controllers seem a lot more expensive than the left ones.

Thanks anyway, think they're just goosed. Went for the one with four controllers for four player mario kart.  For some reason the right controllers seem a lot more expensive than the left ones.
The right controller has the infrared sensor built into it. Think that's maybe why they are more expensive

Check shopto.net they are usually good on prices and fast delivery.
Showing me at €70 for a pair and won't bloody change to £ for comparison for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Nintendo have put a stop to retailers being able to sell download codes for its first-party games in Europe. Pretty disappointing as I've bought most of my games through CDKeys and Shopto to date which have been a fair bit cheaper than the eshop.

Man Donkey Kong looked so incredible back in the day, maybe it was just SNES-envy but I always loved how it looked, never really sat down and played it beyond toying about with emulators back in the day it'd be great to run through it.

• 1 month later...