Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

Just picked up Divinity 2. The Switch seems perfect for tactics games and RPGs I never bothered with on the PC.
Got it downloading at the moment. I'm a bit shit at RPGs if I'm being honest so not sure what I'm letting myself into. It's supposed to be a bit of a beast by all accounts

Just finished super metroid, still looks great. Tried Star fox, but it's aged very badly. Would've been cutting edge at the time though. 

Getting fired through link to the past which is timeless.

Didn't think i'd use the switch in portable mode as much but it's becoming addictive. Already finished smash bros and want Zelda and odyssey. Look amazing.

50 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Just finished super metroid, still looks great. Tried Star fox, but it's aged very badly. Would've been cutting edge at the time though. 

Getting fired through link to the past which is timeless.

Didn't think i'd use the switch in portable mode as much but it's becoming addictive. Already finished smash bros and want Zelda and odyssey. Look amazing.

Yeah, Star Fox looks pretty ropey! Ive been playing the Kirby golf game with Mr X Jnr, its quality :) 

Got it downloading at the moment. I'm a bit shit at RPGs if I'm being honest so not sure what I'm letting myself into. It's supposed to be a bit of a beast by all accounts

Never that sure on CRPGs think the camera angle specifically pisses me off as I can never see what I’m doing half the time. Doubt I’ve helped the longevity of my save by choosing an undead character meaning I can’t be seen in public unmasked and can’t use healing items. [emoji23]

Never that sure on CRPGs think the camera angle specifically pisses me off as I can never see what I’m doing half the time. Doubt I’ve helped the longevity of my save by choosing an undead character meaning I can’t be seen in public unmasked and can’t use healing items. [emoji23]
I've gone with the dwarf based solely on the fact he's got a Scottish accent. Only spent a couple of hours on it so far and have no idea what I'm doing. Going to have to read a couple of guides/YouTube I think to get a better idea of how all the stats and what not impact on the game

So glad I looked in here, had totally missed the super Nintendo online stuff! Started the zelda game, don't think I'll leave the house for six months or so now  :lol:. Also got the new zelda, really like the look of it although not had much chance to play it yet. 

Has anyone seen the trailer for the ring fit adventure? I think it looks ok in a Wii fit type way but my wean thinks it looks horrific! 

Struggling to decide between the standard Switch (or the new better life one) or the completley portable LITE version.

The LITE seems to be cheaper and that's about it really? Obviously playing with the girlfriend or pals is the main advantage of the standard edition without them also needing the console.

14 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

Struggling to decide between the standard Switch (or the new better life one) or the completley portable LITE version.

The LITE seems to be cheaper and that's about it really? Obviously playing with the girlfriend or pals is the main advantage of the standard edition without them also needing the console.

The lite is portable only. With the main switch you can using a docking station and connect it to a telly. Also the Joy Cons (the bits that slide on and off the ends) are fixed on the lite model meaning there are certain games that won't work as well (such as 1-2 Switch, which is duff anyway).

The only other main difference is that the lite has a slightly smaller screen.

Apart from that they play all the same games, so if you don't think you will ever want to connect it to TV then the Lite is probably the better option.

Started breath of the wild, it's overwhelming, truly humongous map, really smart design.  Don't expect to finish it this year.  

Don't like the constant breaking of weapons but i'm assuming the further you go the stronger they become.

Only annoying thing about it is the constant beeping from the shrine locator thing. Can you turn that off?

39 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Started breath of the wild, it's overwhelming, truly humongous map, really smart design.  Don't expect to finish it this year.  

Don't like the constant breaking of weapons but i'm assuming the further you go the stronger they become.

Only annoying thing about it is the constant beeping from the shrine locator thing. Can you turn that off?

Yeah, as you get better weapons they last a lot longer, plus you'll end up with more of them making it easier to swap.

Dont think you can switch the shrine noise off but if you go find the shrine it will stop

You can alter what it searches for and that can keep it quiet though I think. It's on the map screen and options.
Not played in a while so not sure if I recall correctly

19 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Two bits of advice, based on my own enjoyment of BOTW:

1. Don't stress about weapons.  There are loads everywhere.  If they break and you have run out of them, have a go at improvising with the other things you have at your disposal (or will get soon enough), eg bombs or the magnet.  I had hoarded weapons for too long into the game and kept my best ones for a rainy day, without ever using them. 
  2. Use the 'pro' hud, it streamlines the amount of icons on the screen and helped me enjoy the moment-to-moment experience better.  There's always the map in the menu if you need it.

Edited by bunglebonce

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the main story of BOTW. The music in the cutscenes was chills but didn't find it particularly difficult. Didn't die once to a main boss which was surprising. However the lynels were a bit of a b*****d.

Going back in to find the remaining shrines, think ive 20 odd still to find.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2019 at 11:06, Eckauskas said:

Pokemon Sword, and I don't know if it's just me, feels so devoid of story.

Yeah, you've got the old "try to become champion" and all that, but it feels like it lacks a bit more character.

The story is horrific and it's far too easy. Making sure to rotate my team constantly to keep a challenge which is highlighting the best part about the game: how many different Pokemen it's flinging at you.