Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

The "trailer" they put out was in-engine, and you could see they've cut a few corners (you could also see plenty of corners too on those textures...) but I trust that CDPR would put out a decent enough product given the love they've put into the main edition.  I'm happy to accept the graphics being a bit poorer as long as it runs smoothly enough.  Particularly for easily the best game I've ever experienced.  Skyrim did alright on the console, and it's a buggy mess to start with.  I'm interested to see what a developer that isn't Bethesda can do.
60 dollars is fucking steep though.  Nintendo are scalping a bit there.
720dpi docked and 540dpi in handheld mode apparently for Witcher.

Currently playing Skyrim on it, tell you what no where near as crashy as the 360 version was

4 hours ago, weirdcal said:

720dpi docked and 540dpi in handheld mode apparently for Witcher.

Currently playing Skyrim on it, tell you what no where near as crashy as the 360 version was

I'd imagine playing it docked will make it look like shit boosted up onto a big screen.  Handheld will likely look a lot better.  Just a question of how it'll play, particularly as things start to get busy.

20 hours ago, Falkirk's 4th Stand said:

I wanna get a switch solely for sword and shield

I enjoyed Let's Go. It did seem like it was a bit of a testing the water exercise but it was a chill experience just sauntering around catching stuff. 

Hopefully Sword & Shield jumps into some of the stuff introduced in the later 3DS versions as well. 

I bought a couple of games on the sale last week. Rayman Legends - I had seen my son play it on the PS4 and it is superb, so many different levels and properly challenging, was only £11 as well.

Also got Mario vs Rabbids, had no idea what to expect from this but it is pretty good for a quick play. Turn-based combat game which is more strategic than I imagined.

I bought a couple of games on the sale last week. Rayman Legends - I had seen my son play it on the PS4 and it is superb, so many different levels and properly challenging, was only £11 as well.
Also got Mario vs Rabbids, had no idea what to expect from this but it is pretty good for a quick play. Turn-based combat game which is more strategic than I imagined.
Mario Vs Rabbids gets quite difficult for a period. Cracking wee game.
Looking forward to spyro appearing soon. That will bring back memories

My two criticisms of Mario + Rabbids:

1) You always need to have Mario in your team, which decreases the number of variables.  He is good but I'd rather see an all-Rabid combo for a change.  Does the Donkey Kong DLC mix it up?

2) I couldn't be bothered with the exploration puzzles between levels by the end of the game.

Other than that I thought it was brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone playing Super Mario Maker 2? I'm enjoying it, but it's a bit daunting creating levels and coming up with ideas when there's so many options available. Only have 1 level I'm reasonably happy with so far.

Some of the levels uploaded online are ridiculous, there's a Ping-Pong one in the top 10 most popular courses which is ingenious.

Anyone got any levels to share?

I’m enjoying it so far. Been playing story mode and online levels to get some ideas for levels. Also had to do some of the tutorials as there as so many options available.

Nothing uploaded yet, hopefully have some up soon though.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

How long does a level take to make? I like the idea but I couldn't be fucked having to spend half an hour making one level.

It takes as long as you want it tbf, you can play it and adjust it etc to your liking, think a part itls too easy, stop and edit it, made an arse of a part of the level pause and fix it

On 28/06/2019 at 16:12, Saigon Raider said:

Has anybody played Undertale? I am probably 2 hours into it and still can't work out if I am enjoying it or not.

I know what you mean.  I think the writing of the characters is dynamite, but playing in a pacifist style turned into a huge bullet-hell chore that became very difficult.  I got about 2/3 of the way through the game before giving up, then watched the rest on a YouTube channel.  I'm glad I watched it through though, because some of the character interactions are very funny.  Papyrus is a hoot!

The phone calls with Papyrus and Undyne are worth watching/playing through:-

Spoiler