Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

44 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

Its the same hardware that's in the mini nes behind the plastic facade. Nintendo are charging £80 for an emulator and some games licences, some of excellent quality, others not.

Who the f**k is actually going to play starfox in 2017?

Can we stop talking about the mini SNES in the Switch thread? :rolleyes:

The Switch's versatility has been a game-changer for me.  I only have approx 5 hours a week spare for gaming these days, so being able to pick a console up and take it wherever I get 30 mins to myself makes every other platform seem inconvenient by comparison.   I'm giving away my PS4 to someone I know who will get much better use out of it - I've barely turned it on since I got the Switch six months ago. 

It took me six weeks but I completed the story in Mario + Rabbids.  Fantastic combat all the way through, but the puzzle sections started to get tedious by the end.  I've since picked up Golf Story and Stardew Valley - the former is pretty fun so far.

I bought Fifa 18 to play with a pal on the County supporters bus, great fun but the controls were limited with split joy-con rather than having full controllers available.  I've since picked up the pro controller but I'm debating whether or not to keep Fifa because I won't get a lot of use out of it other than a casual match - I'm looking forward to Sociable Soccer when it's out on console next year (Steam Early Access in a couple of weeks apparently).

Mario Odyssey pre-ordered but I've always been lukewarm to Mario games tbh. 

4 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

The Switch's versatility has been a game-changer for me.  I only have approx 5 hours a week spare for gaming these days, so being able to pick a console up and take it wherever I get 30 mins to myself makes every other platform seem inconvenient by comparison.   I'm giving away my PS4 to someone I know who will get much better use out of it - I've barely turned it on since I got the Switch six months ago. 

It took me six weeks but I completed the story in Mario + Rabbids.  Fantastic combat all the way through, but the puzzle sections started to get tedious by the end.  I've since picked up Golf Story and Stardew Valley - the former is pretty fun so far.

I bought Fifa 18 to play with a pal on the County supporters bus, great fun but the controls were limited with split joy-con rather than having full controllers available.  I've since picked up the pro controller but I'm debating whether or not to keep Fifa because I won't get a lot of use out of it other than a casual match - I'm looking forward to Sociable Soccer when it's out on console next year (Steam Early Access in a couple of weeks apparently).

I'm waiting on Rammalammadingdong coming along and berating f**k out of you for having the audacity to find enjoyment in a piece of hardware solely designed for entertainment purposes.

You're such a fucking casual gamer. :rolleyes:

Edited by djchapsticks

10 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Is that some kind of quasi sequel to Sensible Soccer?

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

Is that some kind of quasi sequel to Sensible Soccer?

Yes - Jon Hare's involved, the original designer of Sensible Soccer.

Hopefully he's paid out royalties to Wings Over Scotland to avoid another one of his obsessive hate campaigns  :rolleyes:

On 07/10/2017 at 09:56, bunglebonce said:

12th October according to Steam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 23:18, Kris. said:

https://imgur.com/a/O6L7j

First review for Super Mario Odyssey is out via Edge magazine. Incase anyone wants to avoid any spoilers about the game itself - they gave it a perfect 10/10. Never been that big on Mario games really, but really looking forward to this. 

My copy is on its way .. along with a Cappy cap for Mr X jnr :thumsup2

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

My copy is on its way .. along with a Cappy cap for Mr X jnr :thumsup2

Just got home to find mine waiting for me, hoping to get a wee bit of time on it tonight. ^_^

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Part of me is a bit excited for the new Mario game, but the 3D Mario games have never done much for me.   I've tried to stay well clear of spoilers and hype to go into it not expecting something special.

I think this'll be my first 3D Mario game. I'd not really given much attention to Nintendo consoles before the Switch (I owned an N64 as a kid and had a Wii for a bit, but beyond that...) so I've never been too fussed about Mario games in general up until now. This does look fantastic, though.

16 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Part of me is a bit excited for the new Mario game, but the 3D Mario games have never done much for me.   I've tried to stay well clear of spoilers and hype to go into it not expecting something special.

Is this not a bit different? A bit more open world?

13 hours ago, Kris. said:

Just got home to find mine waiting for me, hoping to get a wee bit of time on it tonight. ^_^

I ordered mine direct from Nintendo and you get it before me :rolleyes: 

I'll get the full run down from Mr X Jnr when I get home tonight

32 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Is this not a bit different? A bit more open world?

I don't know, I've tried to avoid as much info as possible!  All I know is

Spoiler

that throwing the cap lets you control enemies, that Bowser is getting married and there are different worlds to go to.