Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

Upset? I'm not upset, I'm concerned that idiots like you are excited to buy a nintendo switch. Hopefully there are so few of you around that Nintendo suffers a collosal failure and realises they can't cut it in the console market.

Hopefully when the little shit is finished with Zelda you'll get a decent price on the second hand market to buy them a decent console. That or you can trade it in for yet another graphics card upgrade for your mediocre rig.

6 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

Upset? I'm not upset, I'm concerned that idiots like you are excited to buy a nintendo switch. Hopefully there are so few of you around that Nintendo suffers a collosal failure and realises they can't cut it in the console market.

:lol: No, not at all

Hopefully when the little shit is finished with Zelda you'll get a decent price on the second hand market to buy them a decent console. That or you can trade it in for yet another graphics card upgrade for your mediocre rig.

Too far <_<

Edited by Mr X

34 minutes ago, Tamdunk said:

XD

The gaming forum's not seen such a bizarre meltdown since fide & no man's sky.

32 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Is this the first meltdown in the gaming forum ?

Just wait until I post tonight about how amazing the Switch is :lol:

Which, obviously, Im now going to do whether it is or not

5 minutes ago, Tamdunk said:

Ramagee.jpg

If I could give you more than one greenie for that I would ... top stuff :lol:

i'm off to get one, i realise there's only zelda (such a hardship, lol) but i'm looking forward to the mario odyssey game, that looks great. i can only hope smyths don't look to closely at my "i'm under 10" i.d (basically a badge off a birthday card!) anyway, away for a shave before i drive up for console, will give zelda a review in a few days.

First impressions are pretty good. The controllers are like upgraded wii remotes and the screen is like an upgraded wiiu controller. Mr X jnr and his friend had a good laugh playing 1-2 switch before I got a shot. Not a classic game, of course, but basically the equivalent of Wii sports, in that it shows the power of the controllers.

Only started zelda but it looks amazing and already has the feel of a zelda game.

My only criticism so far is that the Y X B A buttons are quite close together making it easy to hit the wrong one. I'm sure I'll get used to it though

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

Apparently so :( Instead I intend to spend the weekend evaluating my life choices and generally taking a long, hard look at myself

So you should. Imagine a grown man being excited by a games console. Totally unheard of and Ramagamma's rage against the switch is completely understandable. :whistle

Edited by s_dog

Zelda is really, really good.  The only Zelda games I've held in great regard have been Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past, the 3D ones have never got my attention in the same way.  Now that I'm few hours in I feel that, so far, it's probably the best open-world game I've played beside GTAV.

Edited by bunglebonce

Im jealous as f**k. I have the rather underated wiiu and the new 3ds. Nintendo build good systems. 3rd party support is where its let down

I'm a bit obsessive over Zelda and am sorely tempted to buy the switch purely for Breath of the Wild, but just not sure if I can justify it for one game. Need my daughter to get into Zelda so I can use her as an excuse to buy these things tbh.

was sold out last night when I went to get one, however every cloud has a silver lining as when I spoke to my ex wife about the switch (it's for the wean as well as me!) she said she can get a 10% discount on switch and Zelda that'll save me £30 odd pound  :thumsup2 hopefully be able to pick one up today.

I too am excited about the switch, if I wasn't saving for a holiday I would have been sorely tempted to get it day one. I know I'll get value out of it when I eventually get it as I enjoy many of Nintendo's IP and the portability is a big plus for me, as I've had hundreds of hours out of my 3DS.

I just don't understand people that want nintendo to release a console more like the Playstation or Xbox. What would be the point? Three identical consoles seems pointless to me and I like that Nintendo takes risks and tries different things.

To everyone that has a switch, how are the joycons? I've heard mostly good things so far.