Scotland B

I think Scotland B will be 

Goalkeeper

Bain, Fox Gordon;

Defenders:

Reynolds, Considine, Cooper, Iacovitti, Jules, Lindsay  Bryan, Douglas,Palmer, Bardsley

Midfielder:

Jack, McLean,Mowatt, Shinnie, Bryson, McDonald, Crawford, Phillips, , Palwett, Nicholson, Dorrans, MacLeod, McEachran

Striker

Rhodes, Murphy, Watt,  Gallagher, Cummings Kiltie, Paterson

Back in the burley era iirc. Not sure they offered much as the guys that showed up well in them never seemed to get promoted to the next 'a' squad.

ETA: interesting to see Maloney was in the B side vs Finland 9 years ago (when he would have been 25ish). I thought he was in the full side from his early twenties.

Pretty sure it was Northern Ireland we played, think Griffiths played while at Dundee? 

Must have been 7 or 8 years ago now.

Has it ever been announced that Scotland will be playing B internationals? I can't remember the last time I saw any of these. Maybe at Rugby Park against Northern Ireland? Norway at Tynecastle before that? 

Played Turkey B in Inverness. Shite match it was. Don't see the point in them

I think b internationals or u23 are a great idea we should play as many as possible,  there is too big a jump between the 21s and senior side for a lot of players.  Many also go a few years without playing any international football after they are too old for the 21s but not yet in the senior squad so b games or u23s would help bridge that gap.

The B side would be a good idea if we had a huge pool of players to pick from.  And by pool, I mean players who are considered just about good enough for the senior side, but not as good as the A team.  I'm not sure we have that, so what's really the point?  

The only alternative side I could see working would be to do something like some of the South American or African sides do - have a side that features only domestic players to play in what I guess would be B internationals.  Only way I would see it being useful.

Problem is there's no-one to play... B internationals must be rare as hens teeth now.

Burley's game was a farce anyway. Arranged outside an international window, in May, it even ended-up clashing with SPL games.

There is a tournament for home-based U23s called the International Challenge Trophy, but SFA have always snubbed it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Challenge_Trophy

http://www.futbol24.com/international/International/International-Challenge-Trophy/2016-2017/

Archived