Can't logically disagree with many of the above comments and wouldn't even try to. BUT, a matchday programme is something which becomes a historical item which, over the years records many facts which might otherwise be lost forever.  Yes, a programme is not for everybody I accept that and I'm in the minority as a collector for my club but I'd make two what I call important points. Firstly it doesn't need to be an expensive flash production. Great if it is but It could be something fairly simple and collectable . Secondly the cost has to be kept down and preferably to £2 or less. Even for friendly games a single A4 sheet of paper could be used folded into a 4 page A5 size, After all a teamsheet is usually produced for every game and that's A4 size so why not just fold it into A5 size, put a front cover on it and the fixture list or simiilar on the back cover with the teamsheet in the centre pages - charge a quid for it and would that make a loss??

Even for league games I'd rather have a simple 4 page effort than nowt at all. I accept it's probably a losing battle though - even Ross County didn't issue a programme for our Cup game there a couple of years ago - back there this season for another cup game - bet they do the same.

1 hour ago, blueone said:

Peterhead's new matchday programme - digital online only, no more printed versions.

https://www.peterheadfc.com/blue-toon-talk/item/2548-july-2019-issue

This season's league is turning into a disaster for programme-collecting enthusiasts like myself. All I can do is applaud the volunteers who continue to keep producing on behalf of their respective clubs...

3 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Very poor imo 

Why keep something going that takes up a lot of time and doesn't make any money? Demand isn't there, it dies. It might be sad, but I don't see it as "poor" from any club if they decide to stop it.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Why keep something going that takes up a lot of time and doesn't make any money? Demand isn't there, it dies. It might be sad, but I don't see it as "poor" from any club if they decide to stop it.

Hope you're not saying that about the whole club in six months time, never mind a programme