Any Winton Rovers historians here?

poity_uk

In season 1957-58 Winton Rovers played Irvine Meadow XI twice in May, winning both matches.

14 May 1958 Rovers won 5-2 in the Vernon Trophy at Meadow Park.
30 May 1958 Rovers won 3-1 in the Western League at Winton Park.

Can anyone tell me the goal scorers (Winton's and Meadow's) from both these matches?

I've checked the A&S Herald at the North Ayrshire Heritage Centre in Saltcoats with no success.  For both games only the scores are given.  They were both midweek games late in the season, so I assume they were too close to print deadline day to have reports included.

...perhaps contact the Winton direct, by email?   Sam Morrison is old enough to have attended these matches and possibly remember the scorers, I did too, after climbing the wall from the Winton Primary School,  but could only name a few players as I was less than 10 at that time.

28 minutes ago, Marlowe said:

...perhaps contact the Winton direct, by email?   Sam Morrison is old enough to have attended these matches and possibly remember the scorers, I did too, after climbing the wall from the Winton Primary School,  but could only name a few players as I was less than 10 at that time.

I'll try that, Marlowe.  Thanks :-)

Archived