Shortlees v hurlford thistle

dr lector

57 minutes ago, dr lector said:

Still raging ? 

:lol: What am I raging about?

Folk like you are the ones actually raging that shortlees didn't pump hurlford and your batting out every minuscule excuse under the sun as to why.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: What am I raging about?

Folk like you are the ones actually raging that shortlees didn't pump hurlford and your batting out every minuscule excuse under the sun as to why.

I don't get why anyone associated with Shortlees would be raging at BEATING hurlford to yet another trophy. In the last 18 month they have competed against each other in the same competition for 4 trophies and Shortlees have won 3 of them and hurlford 0. Not much to be raging about. Wether1-1or 24-1 still won the trophy

was at the game first 20 hurlford ,,the rest shortless..now hurlford  have a real  challenge.to them this year.not like the last 8 to 10 years just turn up...i see that people were saying mason not cunny runs the team..maybe  but what i seen is  hurlford now need to mange there team  not just put the biggest earners on the park..and hurlford  manager i dont think is up to this..looking at there team  hurlford  less and less big names are going there,,i think every true amateur football fan loved this result..and hope there is many more to come,,been talking to some teams and it seems the teams outwith these 2 ..are having a hard time getting players to stay or play in the premier..there maybe 4 teams in the premier who are not short of playing staff  and the rest are hanging on by there nails,, maybe people say cunny  is  a big mouth..but just maybe his team could save the failing premier leauge.. 

1 hour ago, hate cheats said:

was at the game first 20 hurlford ,,the rest shortless..now hurlford  have a real  challenge.to them this year.not like the last 8 to 10 years just turn up...i see that people were saying mason not cunny runs the team..maybe  but what i seen is  hurlford now need to mange there team  not just put the biggest earners on the park..and hurlford  manager i dont think is up to this..looking at there team  hurlford  less and less big names are going there,,i think every true amateur football fan loved this result..and hope there is many more to come,,been talking to some teams and it seems the teams outwith these 2 ..are having a hard time getting players to stay or play in the premier..there maybe 4 teams in the premier who are not short of playing staff  and the rest are hanging on by there nails,, maybe people say cunny  is  a big mouth..but just maybe his team could save the failing premier leauge.. 

How will it save the failing premier league?  When his team is pumping everybody the way hurlford did lol 

6 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Can't actually believe the way some of you guys go on, has anyone ever told you it's amateur football?

This ^^^^^^ spot on ! Amateur football meant to be fun and enjoyable. Half these morons would tan their wrists if their AMMY side get beat. Just enjoy the game lads

This is the amateur forum???? If youse don't like it don't read and comment... the guys who comment on this forum are passionate about there sides , doesn't need to be belittled!! If you've ever played the game amateur / junior / pro then you would realise that the amateur guys are amongst the most passionate as they DONT GET PAID TO DO IT .

anyway back to this game , guys seen to still be raging 4 days later lol gonea love to see there reaction after they lose the title this year , police Scotland will be busy for a few domestics nae doubt 

27 minutes ago, dr lector said:

This is the amateur forum???? If youse don't like it don't read and comment... the guys who comment on this forum are passionate about there sides , doesn't need to be belittled!! If you've ever played the game amateur / junior / pro then you would realise that the amateur guys are amongst the most passionate as they DONT GET PAID TO DO IT .

anyway back to this game , guys seen to still be raging 4 days later lol gonea love to see there reaction after they lose the title this year , police Scotland will be busy for a few domestics nae doubt 

Play amateur football so know where your coming from about being passionate about your side. And think it's refreshing the lees will mount a challenge and probably win the division this year as everyone knows hurlford have no morals and are cheats. Point I was making it's not life and death as is seemingly portrayed in this thread. And you saying youl love to see the reaction of some people which could lead to domestic abuse pretty much sums it up for me , domestic abuse is a great laugh ae.

I don't have a problem with people being passionate about their team and wanting them to win. And it's good that there is support for certain teams. However U guys from Ayrshire make these 2 teams out to be the biggest and best teams in the world and you would think thousands went down to watch them each week. At the end of the day it's amateur football, if these guys were the world beaters that you made them out to be they would be playing higher, but their not! Carry on bigging them up on here, Facebook and any other site, just saying that to the majority it looks pretty embarrassing at times.

I don't have a problem with people being passionate about their team and wanting them to win. And it's good that there is support for certain teams. However U guys from Ayrshire make these 2 teams out to be the biggest and best teams in the world and you would think thousands went down to watch them each week. At the end of the day it's amateur football, if these guys were the world beaters that you made them out to be they would be playing higher, but their not! Carry on bigging them up on here, Facebook and any other site, just saying that to the majority it looks pretty embarrassing at times.

Where I do agree with you in some capacity I can also understand why, in Ayrshire we have basically had a near 10 year dominance from one team, and the manner that they have done it hasn't left them with many friends in terms of clubs within our association. This is the first for a long time that there is a genuine "excitement" that it may not be a one horse race by xmas and I think that 40 odd clubs and Ayrshire amateur followers are just enjoying seeing that unfold.

On 19/10/2016 at 13:03, eyeswideopen15 said:

I don't get why anyone associated with Shortlees would be raging at BEATING hurlford to yet another trophy. In the last 18 month they have competed against each other in the same competition for 4 trophies and Shortlees have won 3 of them and hurlford 0. Not much to be raging about. Wether1-1or 24-1 still won the trophy

Shortlees have beaten thistle on penalty kicks in a meaningless one off cup game that neither club actually wanted to take part in. They haven't beat them in 90 minutes and they haven't beat them in a major trophy or more importantly in a league match as off yet. It's great for all off amateur fitba that there is now competition for the first time in about ten years but let's not go on about shortlees and St. Cunny ending thistle's dominance until if and when they actually do  

9 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

Shortlees have beaten thistle on penalty kicks in a meaningless one off cup game that neither club actually wanted to take part in. They haven't beat them in 90 minutes and they haven't beat them in a major trophy or more importantly in a league match as off yet. It's great for all off amateur fitba that there is now competition for the first time in about ten years but let's not go on about shortlees and St. Cunny ending thistle's dominance until if and when they actually do  

Ok mate will get back to you around May when you are greeting that the only thing you have won is the tarmac bar trophy coz lees ain't in it lolol! Well that's if the HYT don't beat you too that as well hehehe

Jealous and Ragin haha

Won't lie and say I'm totally impartial, would rather see Shortlees win, but honestly didn't think there was too much between the teams on Sunday . I actually thought Hurlford looked much the better side until Shortlees scored. After that a bit more even with Lees just shading it on chances created. 

For me the outstanding players were with Shortlees though. Thought Joe Gold was quality (as usual) Hurlford don't seem to have that extra something any more for me. Although still a very very good side of course. 

Anyway I do think the league games and any potential cup meetings between the two will be better in terms of quality and competitiveness. they'll also probably be decisive as they are so closely matched.

If nothing else it generates a bit of interest in the premier league down here in Ayrshire, which has been lacking for a while. Personally I think Shortlees will win the league. Mostly because they have momentum and are on the up. Thistle are a team staying still or possibly on the slide (no criticism, very high standards as Hurlford Thistle from 3/4 years back with Knapp, Gold, Mullen, Caddis, Robertson etc is the best amateur team I've seen by a mile) 

Be interesting to see how both do in Scottish Cup. Wouldn't mind them meeting in a semi final/final at Rugby Park. Probably get a bigger crowd than Killie. 

Archived