Shortlees v hurlford thistle

dr lector

7 hours ago, sunnysider said:

Well done shortlees today another trophy for cunny and his players. Think its about time cunny got some credit for what he has done in the past couple of seasons . Once he wins the league this season which the will do he will have done what he set out to do and often ridiculoud on here for saying so  .The lees aint coming now there here and will dominate ayrshire amateur football for the next few seasons WITHOUT EXPENSES 

Why give Cunny credit? What he knows about the game you could write on the back off a matchbox. He has the best players that Ayrshire amateur football has to offer so they manage themselves. His conduct at game today was embarrassing at times also. In everyone's eyes thistle were taking a doing today and they certainly did not so I don't think lees should be getting carried away at all

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why give Cunny credit? What he knows about the game you could write on the back off a matchbox. He has the best players that Ayrshire amateur football has to offer so they manage themselves. His conduct at game today was embarrassing at times also. In everyone's eyes thistle were taking a doing today and they certainly did not so I don't think lees should be getting carried away at all

Ye raging Aye?

7 hours ago, BingeDrinker said:

Think thats a little unfair on the guy to say the least. The fullbacks bombed forward all day yesterday and patterson played deeper than usual do u think this was on there own accord or was it cunny telling them to do so because hurlfords weak at both right and left back and also the middle of the park with david rocks who btw had a shocker yesterday? Cunny done his homework and I think it payed off. Mullen done little bar score and possibly hit the post no thanks to big minor who I'm sure cunny had told to man mark him with mason sweepin up the riff raff. Thistle had a good half hour. The rest was all about shortlees imo from a neutral btw

1 hour ago, The Mouth said:

Think thats a little unfair on the guy to say the least. The fullbacks bombed forward all day yesterday and patterson played deeper than usual do u think this was on there own accord or was it cunny telling them to do so because hurlfords weak at both right and left back and also the middle of the park with david rocks who btw had a shocker yesterday? Cunny done his homework and I think it payed off. Mullen done little bar score and possibly hit the post no thanks to big minor who I'm sure cunny had told to man mark him with mason sweepin up the riff raff. Thistle had a good half hour. The rest was all about shortlees imo from a neutral btw

Come on now, billy mason manages that team and we all know that. He tells Cunny what to do before, during and after the game. He also knows thistle inside out, as do kier, Joe and Paterson for that matter so they will have known exactly how to play them. Credit to shortlees as in my opinion they are the best team in Ayrshire and I think they will give the Scottish a real good go this season too but willy wonka could put the current crop off shortlees players onto the park and they would win nine times out of ten

Come on now, billy mason manages that team and we all know that. He tells Cunny what to do before, during and after the game. He also knows thistle inside out, as do kier, Joe and Paterson for that matter so they will have known exactly how to play them. Credit to shortlees as in my opinion they are the best team in Ayrshire and I think they will give the Scottish a real good go this season too but willy wonka could put the current crop off shortlees players onto the park and they would win nine times out of ten

Aye yer Ragin

23 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

U know more than me then. The cunny I've heard of wouldn't be the type to take orders from a team that hes put together. I also recall keir bein switched from right to left and vice versa without a word sayed and also certain players moanin about the left back not being able to cope but cunny stuck by him and they won the game. Remember these players left the best team in scottish amateur football to play for him therefore imo would respect his desicions as final. As for knowin hurlford I think you have flattered them a bit with that statement theres nothin to know about them now that knapp and golds left all u need to know about them is that they have pace in mullen upfront who will score 50+ goals a season which btw now that knapps left I don't think he got near that figure last year. The centre half thistle signed from girvan juniors couldn't cope wae big greg up top who on another day had he had his shootin boots on could have grabbed 3 or 4

31 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

U know more than me then. The cunny I've heard of wouldn't be the type to take orders from a team that hes put together. I also recall keir bein switched from right to left and vice versa without a word sayed and also certain players moanin about the left back not being able to cope but cunny stuck by him and they won the game. Remember these players left the best team in scottish amateur football to play for him therefore imo would respect his desicions as final. As for knowin hurlford I think you have flattered them a bit with that statement theres nothin to know about them now that knapp and golds left all u need to know about them is that they have pace in mullen upfront who will score 50+ goals a season which btw now that knapps left I don't think he got near that figure last year. The centre half thistle signed from girvan juniors couldn't cope wae big greg up top who on another day had he had his shootin boots on could have grabbed 3 or 4

Moving a player from right to left, big deal! You talk well for a "neutral" too btw and too say there's nowt to know about them.......just remember shortlees couldn't do it in 90 mins against thistle but yet batter all and sundry out their way every other week. True about big Greg but if you want to by that way of thinking then thistle should have had the game buried in opening half an hour. There's a long way to go yet and now they have played one another, let's see what management team get it right for the next match.......I know who my money would be on 

1 hour ago, BingeDrinker said:

Moving a player from right to left, big deal! You talk well for a "neutral" too btw and too say there's nowt to know about them.......just remember shortlees couldn't do it in 90 mins against thistle but yet batter all and sundry out their way every other week. True about big Greg but if you want to by that way of thinking then thistle should have had the game buried in opening half an hour. There's a long way to go yet and now they have played one another, let's see what management team get it right for the next match.......I know who my money would be on 

Fancy shortlees to do a number next game , thought they were the better side yesterday .. first 20 mins weren't at races but with so many guys at a wedding and having a few ales sat night that was always on the  cards .. once it settled down shortlees controlled the middle and truth be told should've won by 4/5 goals .

1 hour ago, BingeDrinker said:

I believe shortlees were also missing a few players to quote one dougie robertson who if fit could have changed the 90 min result. Its all about who wanted it more and from what I seen it was shortlees who did. Nothing in that respect will change for the next match shortlees will always want to win more regardless if its hurlford or the team bottom of the 2nd division from what i've seen of them they have a good team spirit. So to say the hurlford management will get it spot next time round is irrelevant because regardless of tactics shortlees will just want it more. And stickin 3 men on knapp isn't the answer because when he dances around the 3 of them it leaves you wide open which he did all game yesterday. Lets see if hurlford get that specific tactic right next match who knows if they do the might beat shortlees.

35 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

. And stickin 3 men on knapp isn't the answer because when he dances around the 3 of them it leaves you wide open which he did all game yesterday. 

There was thistle players left chasing shadows yesterday . centre midfielders  had a shocker 

Pure ragin haha

Cunny may not be a master tactician but they players are all there for a reason and I 100% believe it's not financial so what is it? Why did that first lot of hurlford players leave to sign with Shortlees ? It's quite simple, Cunny! What he lacks in knowledge he makes up in personal relationships with players, that comes under man management and is a major factor in what makes a good manager!

43 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Cunny may not be a master tactician but they players are all there for a reason and I 100% believe it's not financial so what is it? Why did that first lot of hurlford players leave to sign with Shortlees ? It's quite simple, Cunny! What he lacks in knowledge he makes up in personal relationships with players, that comes under man management and is a major factor in what makes a good manager!

Spot on. If we were master technicians then we would not be managing at amateur level. It's all about man management because at the end off the day it's the players that do the business every Saturday. We can only pass on what knowledge we do have and encourage the players to perform to their best. Like him or loathe him but Cunny clearly has the necessary skills to have quality players play for him and he has one of the best teams in Ayrshire at the moment 

9 hours ago, kanners76 said:

It was 1.1 each ffs not as if Lees gave them a doing lol

But if the lees weren't on the swally night before

If dougie boy was fit

thistle midfield got dominated

big guy up front gave them a doing couldn't handle him.

"take it yous pumped them then"

no mate finished 1 each but should have been 24-1 to the leeesssss man. 

2 hours ago, muller said:

But if the lees weren't on the swally night before

If dougie boy was fit

thistle midfield got dominated

big guy up front gave them a doing couldn't handle him.

"take it yous pumped them then"

no mate finished 1 each but should have been 24-1 to the leeesssss man. 

Still raging ? 

Archived