Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andy Halliday is a player I would let loose at Wembley. He an all rounder and since the Barton incident he has stepped up another level. I've had enough of the Barry Bannons of the world. Let's play players on form like Griffiths.

I would try it on the training ground first however, and sorry I do think we need five in midfield but could Robertson and Tierney play wide left and LB? Ritchie or Forrest wide right. 

Andy Halliday :lol: an all rounder at what exactly?

On 16/10/2016 at 19:59, Myview said:

Halliday gives a good balance being left footed. He can win the ball back and is reasonably quick over 3 metres. Good pace when driving forward and keeps the ball reasonably close to his feet. Good passer long and short. Mostly plays short to keep possession. Follows his pass on nearly all occasions. Doesn't have a trick but can drop a shoulder. Has the energy to go from box to box. A goalscoring midfielder inside and outside the box. Average in the air and average to poor right foot. Doesn't vary which side he attacks. (Normally goes to the defenders right). Appears to be a good pro with the will to win. Young enough to get even better.

Sorry for slightly digressing however I felt in the last match neither of these midfielders really linked with Steven Fletcher. Something Naismith used to do. Halliday would do this and also even better run beyond strikers and as a result possibly score  

ps I'm not Andy Halliday's agent either. :lol: 

9 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Andy Halliday :lol: an all rounder at what exactly?

There you go DM I've posted again for you. 

8 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Halliday is nowhere near good enough.

Imagine Neil Lennon or Gordon Strachan has asked you DM to watch Halliday and give him a report. Tell me what you who write. If you simply said he was 'not good enough' they wouldn't be best pleased. 

6 minutes ago, Myview said:

Imagine Neil Lennon or Gordon Strachan has asked you DM to watch Halliday and give him a report. Tell me what you who write. If you simply said he was 'not good enough' they wouldn't be best pleased. 

The boys down Largs get taught to give better game reports than that, Dom.

But they'd be happy being told he was "reasonably quick over three metres"

Great insight.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

But they'd be happy being told he was "reasonably quick over three metres"

Great insight.

Is that the best you can come up with. For your information. It means he's  not flat footed, works of his toes. Doesn't switch off! They are coaches terms. 

10 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:Imagine trying to come across as some kind of intellectual with great insight into players while simultaneously saying Andy fucking Halliday should be in the Scotland team.

Let's wait and see if he is picked in future squad

10 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:If only we had a coach around to ask. 

I laugh on here at times. When I was moving from playing into coaching and management, I listened and learned from people who were very successful pro managers and coaches. Added to that I went to Largs and passed my badges first time.  However we are Scottish and it's better to slag off people who are a threat with more knowledge. I'm not talking about me, just generalising  

Don't you think Largs is a good thing ensuring that people are tested on their ability before being allowed to manage or coach. (Before you say it's a pals act. Some pros, including internationals failed their badge.)  A bit like would you allow a surgeon to operate on you if he hadn't been to medical school and qualified? Don't think so  

Archived