Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

It's a sign of arrogance correcting someone's  grammar. So I will not.

Unlike you in the Barry Douglas topic.  This is a football forum spelling and grammar isn't that important. 

It was clearly a spellcheck error rather than a grammatical/ spelling mistake, if you're going to use another thread as a way of making a point then id suggest you read it thoroughly before making an arse of yourself.

Halliday is clearly not good enough for the Scotland team, he's shite. Why do you persist with this account when you're clearly Ted the Ped?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

It was clearly a spellcheck error rather than a grammatical/ spelling mistake, if you're going to use another thread as a way of making a point then id suggest you read it thoroughly before making an arse of yourself.

Halliday is clearly not good enough for the Scotland team, he's shite. Why do you persist with this account when you're clearly Ted the Ped?

I've been accused of being Ted, Stuart McCall, Ally McCoist, Billy Brown, Paul Hartley and Darren Jackson. These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. It's pretty boring. I'm not Ted but I'm not saying who I am. I couldn't be bothered jumping accounts. What's the hell is the point of that.

Halliday gives a good balance being left footed. He can win the ball back and is reasonably quick over 3 metres. Good pace when driving forward and keeps the ball reasonably close to his feet. Good passer long and short. Mostly plays short to keep possession. Follows his pass on nearly all occasions. Doesn't have a trick but can drop a shoulder. Has the energy to go from box to box. A goalscoring midfielder inside and outside the box. Average in the air and average to poor right foot. Doesn't vary which side he attacks. (Normally goes to the defenders right). Appears to be a good pro with the will to win. Young enough to get even better. 

If fans agree with all or most of this then they can still say he doesn't do it at an international level. That could well be the case but needs the opportunity. I ask tho you compare this with Bannon, Fletcher, McArthur, Snodgrass  

Sorry for slightly digressing however I felt in the last match neither of these midfielders really linked with Steven Fletcher. Something Naismith used to do. Halliday would do this and also even better run beyond strikers and as a result possibly score  

ps I'm not Andy Halliday's agent either. :lol: 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hallidays shite, and nowhere near good enough.

Neither is McGinn.

There you go, now f**k off with this pish.

Assume you're still hurting from yesterday but thank you for your in depth knowledge and analysis of the players. 

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not convinced that the above works well as just one sentence.

I'm reeling you in MT.

Do you think also 'isn't' should have been 'aren't'? :lol: 

Sorry MT but it does my head in. Posters post their opinions and posters reply about 'the not quite accurate grammar'. So what! It's their post I'm interested in, not their spelling. 

35 minutes ago, Myview said:

Assume you're still hurting from yesterday but thank you for your in depth knowledge and analysis of the players. 

Whats the result yesterday got to do with anything?

Halliday is absolutely miles behind McArthur, Fletcher and Morrison, while Bannan is strolling the Championship with Sheffield Wednesday. The likes of Tom Cairney should be considered before Halliday aswell.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whats the result yesterday got to do with anything?

Halliday is absolutely miles behind McArthur, Fletcher and Morrison, while Bannan is strolling the Championship with Sheffield Wednesday. The likes of Tom Cairney should be considered before Halliday aswell.

Pick one of the midfielders you have mentioned and tell me his strengths and his areas for improvement. I will respect your view and we will compare them with Halliday's. I don't think for one moment Halliday is a class international player. I just think he would give us something extra and different which the others who are good players, don't give us. 

3 minutes ago, Myview said:

Pick one of the midfielders you have mentioned and tell me his strengths and his areas for improvement. I will respect your view and we will compare them with Halliday's. I don't think for one moment Halliday is a class international player. I just think he would give us something extra and different which the others who are good players, don't give us. 

I'm not going to waste my time, as you seem the type who'll start slavering about how hard Halliday works as if its somehow a leveller for him being so fucking awful technically.

I'd have Halliday over the shitebag Darren Fletcher tbh. In seriousness he's not good enough to be in that team (Halliday). Sure he'll more than likely be one of them Rangers losers that can't stand the national team as well. He'll be joining in with the English anthem if he was playing.

13 hours ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

Palmer and Hooper was well with Sheffield Wednesday game face Hudderfield Town

Hooper is English you fucking twat.

Yes i can call someone who is deaf a twat before anyone says it. If you are a twat it doesn't matter if you have any disability, you are still a twat.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not going to waste my time, as you seem the type who'll start slavering about how hard Halliday works as if its somehow a leveller for him being so fucking awful technically.

You could have written your post in the time you have written this one. I have already said imo Halliday's strengths and areas for improvement. I asked you to do the same with one of the midfielders you mentioned. I assume you are unable to back up your argument. Your post confirms this. 

I'm not just mentioning him because he scored at the weekend - did think about him before - but what about Johnny Russell? Always been a good player, was fantastic with United and has scored a fair few goals in England. Always been a fan of his. Would be a damn sight better choice than fat jobby Martin

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I'm not just mentioning him because he scored at the weekend - did think about him before - but what about Johnny Russell? Always been a good player, was fantastic with United and has scored a fair few goals in England. Always been a fan of his. Would be a damn sight better choice than fat jobby Martin

Not Tall Enough. 

Archived