Christmas Night Out Games?

Afternoon,

I'm looking for some games ideas for a football team night out. Every year one of the boys and I get landed with organising the Christmas night out and this year it looks like we're going with a pub quiz with a 'million pound drop' theme on it. We're also looking for games that can be played in teams in between rounds. A quick Google search came back with the usual dross of office icebreakers and charade themed games which is all a bit dinner party for a boys night out.

Anyone got any suggestions? One that had been mentioned was almost like a race night idea with folk as the horses using dice etc.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At work we went to a Christmas night out at Hampden. It was an absolute rabble, full of the dregs of society. They did party games in between courses of the meal like elimination heads and tails (put your hands on your bum/head on the count of three), telly theme tunes and a game where you got given a list of objects and had to go get the items off other people (scarves, socks, balloons, free drinks etc).

Probably the third of those would be your best bet.

39 minutes ago, interthenet jnr said:

Afternoon,

I'm looking for some games ideas for a football team night out. Every year one of the boys and I get landed with organising the Christmas night out and this year it looks like we're going with a pub quiz with a 'million pound drop' theme on it. We're also looking for games that can be played in teams in between rounds. A quick Google search came back with the usual dross of office icebreakers and charade themed games which is all a bit dinner party for a boys night out.

Anyone got any suggestions? One that had been mentioned was almost like a race night idea with folk as the horses using dice etc.

I did a pub quiz once based on the Million Pound Drop. It worked well with teams, doesn't require any pens or paper and gets people moving about a bit. So you have 4 areas of the room marked A, B, C and D. You read out a question and each member of the team moves over to the correct answer. Like in MPD, if you're not sure of the correct answer, you can hedge your bets - so 2 members might stand in A and 2 in D ... if you're really not sure, one person can stand in each answer. Obviously, any person standing in an incorrect answer then gets eliminated and has to sit down. Last person remaining wins a prize for themselves and their team. 

Another game we played at a wedding involved a treasure hunt in a village. We were shown pictures of items in the village and you had to go and get your picture taken beside it. To liven it up, you had to do a different pose at each item (e.g. animals, zombies, silent disco). For one location, all the members of the team had to use their bodies to spell out a word. Rather predictably, every team spelled out LOVE. One team got bonus points for brazenly spelling out the word c**t. 

I did a pub quiz once based on the Million Pound Drop. It worked well with teams, doesn't require any pens or paper and gets people moving about a bit. So you have 4 areas of the room marked A, B, C and D. You read out a question and each member of the team moves over to the correct answer. Like in MPD, if you're not sure of the correct answer, you can hedge your bets - so 2 members might stand in A and 2 in D ... if you're really not sure, one person can stand in each answer. Obviously, any person standing in an incorrect answer then gets eliminated and has to sit down. Last person remaining wins a prize for themselves and their team. 

Another game we played at a wedding involved a treasure hunt in a village. We were shown pictures of items in the village and you had to go and get your picture taken beside it. To liven it up, you had to do a different pose at each item (e.g. animals, zombies, silent disco). For one location, all the members of the team had to use their bodies to spell out a word. Rather predictably, every team spelled out LOVE. One team got bonus points for brazenly spelling out the word c**t. 

Cheers mate, much more interactive than the version we had planned. [emoji106]????

12 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Play "How's yer touch?!!"

It's basically throwing jobbies at each other.

Did you go to 8Mile's Christmas party as well?

Archived