Changing football teams

Used to suport Rangers when I was wee cos every one else where I lived did, none of my family were into football so had no influence either way. Got to about 14 or 15 and realised that glory hunting is no fun and that I had no desire to be associated with any of the baggage that goes with that club. Started going to Easter Road with one of my mates a few years later, mostly for the day out and the social but ended up with a season ticket eventually. 

Edited by EH75

My dads side are all United fans but when I was 5 I turned my back on the hideous orange and embraced glorious dark blue. It was great meeting up with the family at a family do just after doon day. Years of slagging off and being called a diddy coming back to bite them in the ass.

I also know a few united fans who were Dees until we went down in 2005.

f**k the DABs

Thank You.

One of the boys I went to school with was a big Celtic fan. Used to go to a lot of games with his brother.

One day, he and his brother went to a game in their work uniform and got verbally abused for the entire match by Celtic fans.

He is now a Killie fan.

No prizes for guessing his occupation.

12 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I know 3 lads born and bred in Inverness who used to go to all the ICT home games and a good number of away games and as soon as we got promoted to the SPL in 2004 they started going down to Ibrox most weeks, and sit in the away end when they play us at the TCS.

I will add that I still occasionally see one of them about, and of course, he's obese and has a blue collar job, stacking shelves in Tesco.

Gareth?

In Primary school I used to 'support' Rangers as everyone else did. I quickly realised that supporting a team you never saw play was crap and, as I grew up, I went to a few Clach, Caley and Inverness Thistle games. It wasn't until ICT formed that I really got into properly supporting a football team and started to go to home games most weeks.

One lad at secondary school, who I was certain was a Celtic fan, appears to be giving it big licks these days on all things Rangers. A pretty dramatic team swap there.

Just now, RiG said:

Gareth?

In Primary school I used to 'support' Rangers as everyone else did. I quickly realised that supporting a team you never saw play was crap and, as I grew up, I went to a few Clach, Caley and Inverness Thistle games. It wasn't until ICT formed that I really got into properly supporting a football team and started to go to home games most weeks.

One lad at secondary school, who I was certain was a Celtic fan, appears to be giving it big licks these days on all things Rangers. A pretty dramatic team swap there.

The very same.  

I used to support Celtic when I was young as that was the norm in primary school, you either supported one or the other although you had the odd one or two who supported Aberdeen. By the time I was twelve, County had been in Division three for a couple of seasons and due to a coaching program which was run by the club at the time, you were given a season ticket as a prize for completing the summer sessions.  The parents took me to a few games then started going myself once the bus services finally started going to Dingwall.   

What would be interesting to see if anyone still has any affection since changing their support, personally I don't care about any other results apart from our own.....apart from Caley.......apparently a Caley fan once said we enjoy seeing them lose more than County winning.

52 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I always wondered where all the new Livingston fans appeared from when they were re-branded back in the mid-nineties. Must have been quite a few converts...  

Probably was I was not even born when it happened few medowbank fans converted the guy I go to games to was a hearts fan but couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of getting a ticket for there games and that livi where right on his doorstep.

A good pal of mine was a "rangers fan" in school in the sense that he liked world football and once saw Rangers v Liverpool in a friendly.

Took him along to the Dons in fifth year and he never looked back. I enjoy bringing up his salacious past in the company of "Top Reds". V v embarrassed.

He also likes to drink half pints, so make of that what you will.

A good pal of mine was a "rangers fan" in school in the sense that he liked world football and once saw Rangers v Liverpool in a friendly.

Took him along to the Dons in fifth year and he never looked back. I enjoy bringing up his salacious past in the company of "Top Reds". V v embarrassed.

He also likes to drink half pints, so make of that what you will.

And drinks out of buckets. Don't forget that he drinks out of buckets.

Does No.8 still post on here? He was a Rangers fan but then became a Raith Rovers fan before suddenly going back to supporting the "Queens Eleven".

Of course who can forget the wonderful XIXTHEONEXIX who supported Dumbarton but then decided to became a massive glory hunting rocket and started following Rangers. He denied this of course before vikingTON destroyed him by bringing up some old quotes from his Dumbarton supporting days. He left the forum soon after.

Have a pal who a while ago went on a journey of supporting nearly half the teams in the English premiership while turning his nose up whenever I offered a Hearts game or even talked about Scottish football, aye he was one of those.

Chelsea, Man City around Robinho and the money first coming in times, Aston Villa :/ , Everton, Newcastle for a bit but then changed to Arsenal and stuck with them since. That all in the space of two years.  

A former colleague, who had been a dons fan, switched in his mid-teens to c****c because he was "fed-up watching them lose".

One Saturday evening, he came in without a coat in the depths of winter to show off his garish new away top and gloat about the doing Celtic had given us that day (I think this was during the Ebbe period). Fortunately, he had to hang up his top and change into his KP jacket, allowing me to soak it thoroughly and hang it neatly on a hanger in the walk in freezer until he finished, 5-6 hours later. He brought it through to the bar, in actual tears, and it was rigid.

The moral of the story is: f**k Celtic.

Edited by coprolite
fat fingers