Changing football teams

If you're repeatedly paying money to support a club and getting nothing from it, then decide to want something different, I don't see why there's anything wrong with that. Infact, repeatedly doing it while not getting anything from it seems like a total waste of time and money. Certainly if I didn't get enjoyment from going to watch Morton, I'd probably consider not bothering, although likely wouldn't switch to another side either.

If not wanting to surround yourself with bigots is what you want to do going forward, then why would there be anything wrong with that either?

There seems to be this weird thing about supporting your local side. It would be absolutely brilliant if everyone felt a connection to their local side, but many don't. I don't see why there has to be anything wrong with that.

When I moved to Wales I started going to Cardiff games. They were doing well, but the standard isn't what it is made out to be and I felt absolutely nothing after a win, loss or draw. I came to realise that I'm not really a football fan, just a Killie fan: every other game is of no interest to me unless the result has a bearing on Killie.

28 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

I mind being at the Stenny game the night the Warriors knocked holders Kilmarnock out of the League Cup tho lol.

Was that before or after you became a turncoat and broke your Uncle's heart?  Coming across very badly here.

5 minutes ago, Acrapplied said:

Wow you’re a nice guy. 

Thanks, were you able to ascertain this from the fact that I haven't changed my football team from Kilmarnock to....someone other?

7 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Thanks, were you able to ascertain this from the fact that I haven't changed my football team from Kilmarnock to....someone other?

So just remind me, what impact does me choosing what I want to do with my spare time and which team I want to follow, have on you? 

What right does that give you to judge me and be offensive towards me?

15 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Got a mate to give up being a rangers fan last season now attends ayr games every week .bought shirt ,season ticket etc .emoji106.png

He could have just bought one of your 'Rangayr' range of scarves to effortlessly cover both bases though.

2 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

If you're repeatedly paying money to support a club and getting nothing from it, then decide to want something different, I don't see why there's anything wrong with that. Infact, repeatedly doing it while not getting anything from it seems like a total waste of time and money. Certainly if I didn't get enjoyment from going to watch Morton, I'd probably consider not bothering, although likely wouldn't switch to another side either.

If not wanting to surround yourself with bigots is what you want to do going forward, then why would there be anything wrong with that either?

There seems to be this weird thing about supporting your local side. It would be absolutely brilliant if everyone felt a connection to their local side, but many don't. I don't see why there has to be anything wrong with that.

I've never bought the 'support your local team' argument and actually find it a bit cringy and smalltime when I hear Motherwell fans boast about this as though it means something. It really doesn't imo. 

I am from Motherwell, was born there and lived there all my days but the main reason I support Motherwell FC is because that is who my father supports and therefore who I was taken to watch as a youngster and I expect a large majority of football fans worldwide support their clubs for exactly that reason too. It's almost a family connection rather than some kind of local pride for me.

I couldn't imagine supporting any other club and the idea of changing allegiance to anyone other than Motherwell FC would just be a non starter for me. If Motherwell ever ceased to exist that would be that for me as far as football is concerned.

So just remind me, what impact does me choosing what I want to do with my spare time and which team I want to follow, have on you? 
What right does that give you to judge me and be offensive towards me?
He's a Kilmarnock roaster, what do you expect?

16 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Got a mate to give up being a rangers fan last season now attends ayr games every week .bought shirt ,season ticket etc .emoji106.png

4 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Is there a difference?

Now, now, play nice.

I've never bought the 'support your local team' argument and actually find it a bit cringy and smalltime when I hear Motherwell fans boast about this as though it means something. It really doesn't imo. 
I am from Motherwell, was born there and lived there all my days but the main reason I support Motherwell FC is because that is who my father supports and therefore who I was taken to watch as a youngster and I expect a large majority of football fans worldwide support their clubs for exactly that reason too. It's almost a family connection rather than some kind of local pride for me.
I couldn't imagine supporting any other club and the idea of changing allegiance to anyone other than Motherwell FC would just be a non starter for me. If Motherwell ever ceased to exist that would be that for me as far as football is concerned.
Everyone knows you're a sevco supporter.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

Well there's always Rangers m8, they haven't ceased to exis...... oh wait, never mind.