Whitburn Manager Sacked

mmcilw

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think Hendo will be in for it with his boy recently leaving the club. Who was Andy Cunningham last with? Did Andy Johnston not leave Livingston due to work commitments? I would take Davey Cowan after what he and his coaches achieved at Fauldhouse

On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 22:22, burnie loyal said:

The change in formation and playing players out of position didn't help toms cause though id have been happy with consolidation this season in a harder league though we'd like to be a super league club and competing for trophies we are years away from even thinking about competing on a regular basis 

Totally agree with you there.Not all sides have a device right to win South league then premier back to back like some Whitburn folk expect to happen unless they have crazy money to throw about which I doubt they have,once bitten twice shy,don't think they would like to go down that road again.

I wouldn't take Stickland again. Not sure about Mcglynn after seeing how the rose have stagnated and his comments about not being able to sign players due to a lack of money he would be in a similar position with us. I would agree with Simmy about the ex fauldhouse manager

38 minutes ago, burnie loyal said:

I'm not saying he would be interested but why not mcglynn he done a fantastic job at Musselburgh all respect to Linlithgow rose but Whitburn expectations are nowhere near as high 

having read Mcglyn's interview he mentioned about not having money to spend which caused issues. Yes his record at Musselburgh and Bonyrigg was good.would he want to take a step down the leagues? With regards to expectations yes some of us do expect and want the club challenging at the top as we hav done before. Nothing wrong with that as a long term expectation as long as with a hint or realism that short term is to consolidate and then push on

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

What a horrible turn of phrase , was there a period of time that you weren't glad you beat them?

The second part was an attempt to be smart, however I stand by what I said in the first part. It's not a nice way to put it.

I was not aware of any Whitburn Supporter who expected to be promoted again this season. Our expectations were to consolidate and perhaps finish around mid table. I still believe we can achieve that. 

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Decide to dispense with the services of.........?

What a horrible turn of phrase for a public announcement! I'm glad we beat them in the 1988 semi final now!

Are you still disappointed Talbot beat Whitburn in the 92 semi-final then?

37 minutes ago, Gorgieman said:

I was not aware of any Whitburn Supporter who expected to be promoted again this season. Our expectations were to consolidate and perhaps finish around mid table. I still believe we can achieve that. 

Do you think the manager had to go to achieve consolidationin the first season after promotion? hopefully whoever gets the job can hit the ground running with results as there is the nucleus of a  decent team there

14 hours ago, dealornodeal said:

Totally agree with you there.Not all sides have a device right to win South league then premier back to back like some Whitburn folk expect to happen unless they have crazy money to throw about which I doubt they have,once bitten twice shy,don't think they would like to go down that road again.

Since when did Whitburn win the South League,i thought Tranent won it ?

1 minute ago, shuggie123 said:

You should check that out and see if you're right. 

Check what out ? Tranent won the league and Whitburn were second,of course i must have dreamt according to you !!

Thought there was joint managers at whitburn ?. Who ever takes that job is in for a hard time recruitment is poor and the squad is not going to gain more than maybe escape relegation at best they need to rember they just got up last year and blew it the year before time will tell how good or poor tom hendrie was 

Archived