Arbroath vs Forfar Athletic

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played very well yesterday and fully deserved the win, however I think it's worth remembering Forfar had 10 men for over half the game. If they hadn't we would have been under a lot more pressure in the second half and it would've been a completely different game I think. Regardless, one of our best performances so far this year and 3 points we badly needed.

Far to early to say if Ricky Gomes will be a better bet in goal than Robbie Mutch going forward, but based on yesterday we've got to give him a run of 3/4 games and give him the opportunity to prove himself. From what I've seen I'd say they're probably both on a similar level and have similar weaknesses but I've not seen enough of Gomes to properly judge, he's only played 180 minutes over 3 games so far.

I think the back 4 yesterday were excellent, and if we could stop fucking about with the centre back positions and accept Hammy/ Ricky Little are THE pairing and go with them every single week as well as giving Gary Phillips a proper run in the team then I'd be delighted. David Gold also did well in a position that is unfamiliar to him and deserves a wee run there. Dick got everything right yesterday and I'd like it if we were to stick with the same team for the next few games as it's something we've not done so far, constantly changing things up and not allowing players to form partnerships with each other.

2 missed penalties, 2 good goals and 60% of the play. All against the runaway league leaders. Happy days. Definitely the best back 5 at last.

The season has started.

Golds been a good keep! Well played from the #TapBoi keeping him here IMO

Also whoever said Scott makes us look more fluid completely agree, he puts good pressure on other teams defences, tough to play against defenders will hate him, never stops and good at holding it up. That and the fact he's a very fine footballer

Why is Doris not on the pens. Always looks confident with them and can only remember him missing one previously. That's at least 3 that Bobby has missed and just doesn't look as confident from the spot. Let a striker take them that's what he's paid for after all.

28 minutes ago, keptie said:

We just hump the league leaders and still negative......desperate for Campbell to fail

Travelling all over the country and spending large amounts of money to do so is an utterly bizarre thing for a man to do considering he's supposedly wanting us to lose games? :lol: :blink:

Why is Doris not on the pens. Always looks confident with them and can only remember him missing one previously. That's at least 3 that Bobby has missed and just doesn't look as confident from the spot. Let a striker take them that's what he's paid for after all.

Missed one against Cowden so probably why Bobby took the 1st. Was getting treatment when 2nd was being missed IIRC

Missed one against Cowden so probably why Bobby took the 1st. Was getting treatment when 2nd was being missed IIRC

I forgot about the Cowdenbeath one. Hopefully we will find someone that can put them away consistently or could cost us some points.

I forgot about the Cowdenbeath one. Hopefully we will find someone that can put them away consistently or could cost us some points.

I think Doris will be back on them. Did Bobby score a penalty in the win against Stirling?

Travelling all over the country and spending large amounts of money to do so is an utterly bizarre thing for a man to do considering he's supposedly wanting us to lose games? :lol: :blink:

To be fair, a very small few are letting their dislike of Campbell cloud their judgement at times. It's like because he has a record and is proven it's ok to have a go, with Lumsden everyone defended and backed him to the hilt as he was unproven. Should be doing the same with Campbell he's our manager.

Specky was the only one having a go at Lumsden early on last season and he was ridiculed by everyone else.

9 hours ago, dipsy said:

Oh, it was an own goal alright. No argument about that. However, where was the keeper? Bad mistake. Still, they that form goes out of the window with local derbies. Taking that apart, Forfar were rotten, and Arbroath were distinctly far superior to us. Big improvement needed in the Forfar camp if a serious challenge is to be made. As for the segregation, I spoke to a steward at the gate, and he pointed to two bobbies and said, ''blame these idiots, nothing to do with us '' Nuff said, I think.

FTFY... 

Just thump it as hard as you can on target and if the keeper keeps it out so be it. Missing the target is criminal though as it's got no chance of going in. Doris pen miss against Cowden was a great save.

I don't think Campbell has been getting that much stick but people have questioned some decisions that seem strange. Nothing wrong with that. Nobody has said to get rid of him but doesn't meen we have to be yes men and agree with everything. Criticism when constructive is a positive thing.

We should have won more games than we have but have only lost one so in all not a bad start. If we can get a settled team on the pitch on a regular basis we can certainly challenge for this league.

Just thump it as hard as you can on target and if the keeper keeps it out so be it. Missing the target is criminal though as it's got no chance of going in. Doris pen miss against Cowden was a great save.

I don't think Campbell has been getting that much stick but people have questioned some decisions that seem strange. Nothing wrong with that. Nobody has said to get rid of him but doesn't meen we have to be yes men and agree with everything. Criticism when constructive is a positive thing.

We should have won more games than we have but have only lost one so in all not a bad start. If we can get a settled team on the pitch on a regular basis we can certainly challenge for this league.

On this very topic

If Dick changes next week he is a bigger clown than I thought.

'then he is a bigger clown than I thought' getting called a clown, how's that constructive? Or deserved?

The chopping and changing I put more down to it being a completely new team and also certain players not performing. 

I agree with Simon that he simply has to go with that team next week. The only thing I would say is that skelly is the one I would feel slightly sorry for, looked good again when he came on yesterday.

I'm sure he's been called worse. I think the point being made is if it ain't broke.... We have chopped and changed lots this season.

Of course he has, but he's our manager, give him a chance eh. When he has us sitting at the bottom of the league call him a clown.

We're plugging away just fine, and yesterday he chopped and changed and it worked. I'd agree and keep it the same next week but maybe there'll be a change or two depending on the opposition. We have a good sized squad with good players, think we've the luxury of doing it.

Not played to our best in a few games now this season and still only been beat once. And even in that game it was close. That's a good sign IMO

Archived